Civil War Post Game Show w/ Mark Miller

Well I won't argue that Mark Millar is an idiot.

But there's no reason Tony would speak sinisterly. He wasn't the bad guy. like they said. registration passed in issue #2, even if Cap had won..... They still would all have been criminals. the goverment wasn't backing down. and we can all see now that the story is done. There was no evil influence behind the scenes.
 
Yeah, this one's gonna keep going for YEARS, or at least until the next EIC does a Beyonder-Ex-Machina.

And the fact that Tony's completely sincere is probably the scariest thing of all. "Only I know what's best for this country." is NOT a good sentiment.
 
God I hope not, sometimes change is a good thing. For once when the hype machine said the standard "after this is over nothing will be the same" line and it actually happened. Going back to the status quo means nothing in the long run, just makes thing a little more predictable I was pro Cap during the entire thing but even I knew if Cap and his side won that last battle they still would have lost war, The Law was already in affect and kicking Tony ass wasn't going to change that. Even as a Anti-reg guy I didn't see Tony speech as sinister, to me it looked like he was saying he wasn't trusting there secrets to anybody else. Granted he did some things that weren't on the up and up but let's face it he knew better than anybody what and who they were up against. At least with the after affect we should interesting stories out of it, look we got an underground team of Avengers on the run, a bunch of psychos running around as heroes and a superhero team in every state.
 
I won't condone everything that Tony did. After reading Frontline #11 the whole "Use of supervillians" thing makes complete sense, but he still took a HUGE gambit on that one, even if it did pay off for everyone. On the flip side though What Sally said to Cap in the same issue is extremely true. In New avengers Caps internal monologue refrece disgust with "The daily show" and Sally's point that cap doesn't know what Myspace is, had never gone to Youtube etc etc, showed that he was fighting for a country that hasn't existed in 60 years.
 
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…