Chou Sei Kantai Sazer X - Talk Up! [Fansub Spoilers!!!]

Kyusaku said:
Whoa a core braver can fit in the Drill Angler? Interesting.
Yep, wonder if we'll see that on the show (because we all just KNOW Jackal will join the sazer-team eventually)
 
You seem to have brought up your question about the future just in time, a mistaken meeting, has caused time to begin to change to the point were next's week's ep title is 「変わり始めた歴史」. If you can read that then I'm sure you'll be quite interested.
 
Kyusaku said:
You seem to have brought up your question about the future just in time, a mistaken meeting, has caused time to begin to change to the point were next's week's ep title is 「変わり始めた歴史」. If you can read that then I'm sure you'll be quite interested.
Aha! "History that started to change" ... finally we're getting somewhere! :thumbs:

So far I've watched ep 15 thanks to Kyusaku's help. Wow, I just loved how icy cold Grorza was. I don't know why, but I have a soft spot for 'evil' women ... as a character, she has even become more interesting to me than Remy :sweat:

Oh and new stuff on the Toho Sazer-X site:
雷神ゴード, a mecha for Daishougun Thundera.
 
Whoo, ep 25 was great! Mecha battle royale, plot twists, and a better undertanding why the change has happened and why no one knew of Thundera.

-----------Edit----------------
Something I should add, at the end of ep 25 there was a message that said "1 day left until X-Day" Really got me pumped to see what the writers have in store for the next arc.

X-Day will probably be the day of the final decisive battle against Garade, since both sides make at statement that "The time for the decisive battle has arrived!" We do hear the voice of Garade's commander, with Cyclead asking "Who is this voice?" Soon enough the new arc should begin.
 
Last edited:
Well I just watched up to episode 24 in a crazy Sazer X marathon.

I've loved everything until I got to 24. I was kind of... dissapointed in 24. There was so much dramatic potential within this episode and they didn't do anything. I love the comedy of Sazer X but... if any moment was right for appropriate drama, this episode was it.

I just couldn't laugh at many of the Blaird/Thundera scenes. I kept feeling real bad for Blaird despite the cute comedy of it.

Not only that but they just kept pushing the comedy when they really should have pushed the drama.

Towards the end, the big battle was very nice. Great action, but they focused on the silly again. And it was so... polluted with nonsense. Why was Shark and Jackall even THERE? They werent in the entire episode and Shark just shows up and starts fighting Jackall. I felt like that was just too much to even appreciate. Yes, we get it. Jackall hates Shark. But did it really need to be here of all times?

And Aqual wanting to kill Groaza. That was good stuff and it was hidden behind comedy. They should have focused and played it out more in the episode. Make it a little more serious.

This episode could have had huge impact. Just as much as "X Day" in terms of setting up the beginning of the day it's supposed to end.

I mean there was so much freaking potential that this episode had that it hurts to see it was wasted. There was so much build up, so much... everything that the writers fucked up on.

This would have been a beautiful episode to have a dramatic battle between Blaird and Takuto. All we get is sillyness between the two and the moment we can finally have a serious moment and duel between them and nothing.

Imagine a Blaird walking down a solitude road in self reflection. Similar to the scene we saw earlier in 13 when Blaird discovered he was following a Captain that was a robot. Picture him confronting Thundera. Becoming enraged at Takuto. Takuto hurts Thundera's feelings and cant even hear the song within his heart in the beginning.

Blaird was looking for a reason to live and found his rivalry with Takuto comforting. Now he has one and it's thrown away with comedy! Imagine if the narration Blaird was giving was actually a heart felt speech to Thundera. Or his own thoughts as he walked down a path in self reflection.

This was just an opportunity to make Blaird serious. Blaird has always been comedy driven but dammit. It would have been nice to finally see a serious side to him. The music was just right and they just would stop the damned comedy.

I dunno. I should just enjoy the episode for what it is not what I want it to be but I can't. Anyone who has watched Sazer X from episode 1 can see all the wasted potential in this episode.

It did accomplish some things but I wish it would have done so without the comedy, for once.

I hope they make up for it in 25-26. Or something.
 
24 is part 1 of a 2 parter. Ep 25 has more of the impact. Ep 24 sets up for everything in 25. 25 is like a big climax. 24 was just meant to set the wheels in motion.
 
exactly! 24 sets everything in motion in a great way and they ruined it on comedy. Dammit writers! >_< I curse the fact that I ever asked for more comedy.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top