Can the Philippines make a decent tokusatsu?


On that note, I think Kiva would do well in a primetime slot. Kabuto has had a fairly good run here dubbed in English on Cartoon Network, and TV5 did Hibiki, so the challenge is selling Kiva to the networks.
 
Kamen Rider Kiva in Filipino: Filipinize the songs and use celebs for dubbers (e.g. Rocco Nacino as Wataru Kurenai/Warlito Katigbak)?
 
I miss the old days when toku titles were dubbed in English in the Philippines. That all ended with Bioman, as Shaider got a Tagalog dub. And everything else past that (Maskman, Kamen Rider BLACK, Machineman, Jiban, Turboranger, Fiveman, Jetman, Goggle-V, etc.) went Tagalog.
 
Kamen Rider Kiva in Filipino: Filipinize the songs and use celebs for dubbers (e.g. Rocco Nacino as Wataru Kurenai/Warlito Katigbak)?
Go for professional dubbers, not celebrities. They suck on dubbing. Remember Ragnarok the Animation dub?
And what the hell is Warlito Katigbak?
 
If someone lets me be an action director there, I could probably do something to help redeem Pinoy Toku, but the drama stuff would still be ****. I can probably make some good action though. Proof is in the pudding.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=diyQ7l9E9f4"]Bueno vs. Okabe - YouTube[/ame]
 
Go for professional dubbers, not celebrities. They suck on dubbing. Remember Ragnarok the Animation dub?
And what the hell is Warlito Katigbak?

Dub name for Wataru Kurenai? Ugh, I would not like Tagalized names for the characters, and the songs need not be Tagalized too. what is this, the early 90's?
 

Bioman was not locally dubbed in English. I think it was the US release. Bioman and Maskman were released for English speaking audiences as Bioman and Bioman II: Maskman.

Makes me wonder why Maskman wasn't shown in English, though.

Dub name for Wataru Kurenai? Ugh, I would not like Tagalized names for the characters, and the songs need not be Tagalized too. what is this, the early 90's?

To be fair, Mon Del Rosario's rendition of the Maskman OP and ED were awesome. Disregarding the fact that the lyrics were way off from the original. Those were the days were Tagalized OPs and EDs were memorable, like the Slayers and Rayearth ones.
 

I have to disagree on that. The only attempt at a dub was either the Filipino versions or Saban's pilot that never came into fruition.

And only France had that sort of wording for the series which went to Liveman if I''m not mistaken because Bioman nor Maskman has ever had a domestic run in North America. Only the first two sentai in the States, Dynaman and Turboranger in Canada have been released to English audiences of the continent. If there was Bioman and Maskman here, then how was it successful to warrant the release of Maskman as its sequel when it has never been known about in North America aside from the Godaikin line?

Please provide some videos or image proof that those were brought here.

My preference from them would be W or OOO, but the former has some interesting romance stories which could be great.
 
Last edited:
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…