I have to disagree on that. The only attempt at a dub was either the Filipino versions or Saban's pilot that never came into fruition.

And only France had that sort of wording for the series which went to Liveman if I''m not mistaken because Bioman nor Maskman has ever had a domestic run in North America. Only the first two sentai in the States, Dynaman and Turboranger in Canada have been released to English audiences of the continent. If there was Bioman and Maskman here, then how was it successful to warrant the release of Maskman as its sequel when it has never been known about in North America aside from the Godaikin line?

Please provide some videos or image proof that those were brought here.

Hmm... It seems I was wrong. I had thought it was an American Dub because of the lack of Filipinisms in the language used, but I guess it was a relic of the old 70s English dubbing from Voltes V and Daimos. I could swear I talked with some Americans who have seen English dubs of both series, but the conversation may have made me lost in context.

BELIEVE IN THE #KYOUKOARMY
No.

There'd be way too many romantic subplots throughout.

Maybe that's why Maskman clicked :D.

If a Filipino made Markman, not only would Ial and Takeru be lovers. Igam would fall in love with Takeru as well. We'll learn that Prof. Sugata learned Aura Power as repentance after having killed Takeru's father because of their rivalry over Takeru's mother.

Haruka and Momoko would both fall for Kenta, while Akira falls for Momoko. Then Akira would learn that Kenta is his half-brother on the father's side, and Haruka is his half-sister on his mother's side who was raised by shinobi after she got lost on a camping trip. We then learn that Kenta and Akira's father is actually Okerampa in disguise.

Live to Win
Bioman was not locally dubbed in English. I think it was the US release. Bioman and Maskman were released for English speaking audiences as Bioman and Bioman II: Maskman.

Where did you get this info? Bioman II was the French title of Maskman and there was never a U.S. release of Bioman or Maskman - though Saban produced an aborted pilot of Bio-Man back in 1986.

Where did you get this info? Bioman II was the French title of Maskman and there was never a U.S. release of Bioman or Maskman - though Saban produced an aborted pilot of Bio-Man back in 1986.

Yeah. As I said above. I got my info mixed. Bioman and Maskman were the first sentai I remember, and when Maskman was shown here it was marketed as being like Bioman.

ジェイ・イー・フュージョン
To be fair, Mon Del Rosario's rendition of the Maskman OP and ED were awesome. Disregarding the fact that the lyrics were way off from the original. Those were the days were Tagalized OPs and EDs were memorable, like the Slayers and Rayearth ones.
Is this what you meant?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCjO2csGJXc"]maskman-opening (tagalog version) - YouTube[/ame]

It was revealed in a TV special that it was sung by Norman Caranaan.

Dub name for Wataru Kurenai? Ugh, I would not like Tagalized names for the characters, and the songs need not be Tagalized too. what is this, the early 90's?
Purist... It wouldn't hurt to use tagalized OP & ED. As said by kuroihikari, it was a hit back then. Why not try it again? What I can't understand is, how did mkdlstudios came up with Warlito Katigbak? So Otoya will be Protacio Katigbak?

Kuuguitar
Maybe that's why Maskman clicked :D.

If a Filipino made Markman, not only would Ial and Takeru be lovers. Igam would fall in love with Takeru as well. We'll learn that Prof. Sugata learned Aura Power as repentance after having killed Takeru's father because of their rivalry over Takeru's mother.

Haruka and Momoko would both fall for Kenta, while Akira falls for Momoko. Then Akira would learn that Kenta is his half-brother on the father's side, and Haruka is his half-sister on his mother's side who was raised by shinobi after she got lost on a camping trip. We then learn that Kenta and Akira's father is actually Okerampa in disguise.

Careful, we don't want a TV writer hearing that. :laugh:

Is this what you meant?

maskman-opening (tagalog version) - YouTube

It was revealed in a TV special that it was sung by Norman Caranaan.

Purist... It wouldn't hurt to use tagalized OP & ED. As said by kuroihikari, it was a hit back then. Why not try it again? What I can't understand is, how did mkdlstudios came up with Warlito Katigbak? So Otoya will be Protacio Katigbak?

In fact it would increase viewership.

You know...GMA or ABS-CBN should remake this series...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-H-SuwHNzM"]YOU'VE GOT THE POWER - GINO PADILLA, RANDY SANTIAGO, AND JUAN MIGUEL SALVADOR - YouTube[/ame]

It had the sentai aesthetic, sci-fi and fantasy, slapstick comedy, and a lot of violence. Not to mention catchy music.

AND A FEMALE VILLAINESS THAT DIDN'T F'CK AROUND...IT TOOK A GROUP OF GUYS JUST TO BARELY TAKE HER DOWN!!!

WE NEED MORE VILLAINS LIKE THAT!!!

Lurker
Another thing, no matter what the story in, they'll insert love story in it. which will make it suck. Example of that is Lastikman tv series. It was good at first. But when she met a beautiful girl, the story revolved mostly in winning her and being the hero came last. damn.

I loved it when the leading lady died because the story became so much better after that. I thought Lastikman was a pretty good series.

I do think the television companies (especially ABS-CBN) are capable of producing a proper tokusatsu series but any effort and money that goes into making it will go to waste because there isn't much of audience for it. Take Rounin for example, it was an awesome series with great production values and story but the ratings were really low.

Cobra Unit reject
Is this what you meant?

Yes, I guess. Intended as a callback to the golden age of toku aired in the Philippines, just after the first EDSA Revolution.

If the masses want their favorite celebs to dub the characters, the celebs themselves need not be network-exclusive.

Here's my suggested voice cast:

Wataru Kurenai (Warlito Katigbak): Rocco Nacino
Keisuke Nago: Coco Martin
Megumi Aso: Sarah Geronimo
Kengo Eritate: Ely Buendia
Shizuka Nomura: Bea Binene
Taiga Nobori: Joem Bascon
Mio Suzuki: Lovi Poe
Tatsulot: ?
Otoya Kurenai (Protacio Katigbak): Mcoy Fundales
Yuri Aso: Precious Lara Quigaman
King: ? (or myself)
Mamoru Shima: Joel Torre
Akira Kido: ?
Jiro: Jay Manalo
Ramon: Joshua Dionisio
Riki: Akihiro Sato
Maya: Czarina Gatbonton (Bb. Pilipinas-World 2010)
Rook: Roldan Aquino
Bishop: Lourd de Veyra
Ryo Itoya: ?
Kivat-bat III; Kivat-bat II: Pocholo Gonzales