Boldly going where no other FK has gone before (Star Trek)

Forever Knight

Eye See You
Done Heroes.


I'm now at the final stage to becoming a full fledged nerd. Star Trek. I enjoyed the 2009 movie but never got into the tv shows.

I'm going in timeline order. Enterprise season 1.

Wish me luck.
 
I didn't mind Enterprise so much -- I was kind of afraid to watch that show based on the bad reception it got. Interesting that you decided to start with that series...

The whole hype for the 2009 is what got me to check out the Star Trek shows. I had always been curious about the franchise, but I'd stop on a random episode and be like "Yeaaaaahhh...I don't know." But when the 2009 movie was being hyped like crazy, and magazines and shows were doing Trek retrospectives, I decided to seriously check out Trek and start from the beginning -- with The Original Series, and the unaired pilot The Cage. I ended up really enjoying TOS, and was glad that I chose to watch it (and The Cage) first.

I decided to put off seeing J.J. Abrams' movie in order to finish TOS and its movies, and when I finally saw it, I didn't really like it. Anyway...

Q'apla! Good luck!
 
What worries me is if I get into this and do the entire franchise it will take me at least a year to complete it all. So this could be the ultimate project.

I'm glad to start with Enterprise because I caught an episode a few years back and thought it was great. Good action thrown in there as well.

Like I said this is the ultimate viewing mission.
 
Well, it will be interesting to see what you think about it. And although I ended up kinda enjoying Enterprise, I feel that I should warn you that the first episode (which is two hours long) is...a little boring. It drags. Don't let that scare you away from it, though! Give it a couple of more episodes.
 
Another fair warning: Ignore the last episode of Enterprise... it became a big "F U!" to the fans of Star Trek. But if you want to watch it, maybe you won't feel that way since you haven't been a fan of Trek like the rest of us. Though to be honest the only part in the final episode that was great, IMHO, was the very last bit before the end credits. Everything else was complete and utter garbage in that episode.

Still, if you want to watch the final episode... that's up to you.
 
Since there's a chance FK may ask why, I'll trying to explain. Trying to remain spoiler free as possible, a good chunk of episodes the takes place during an episode of TNG that aired a good 15 years or so prior. So please take that into account.
 
Also, watch the original unaired pilot (at least under the 80's which it was broadcasted for the first time during TNG's run) of ST called "The Cage", before starting TOS "Where No Man Has Gone Before". If you want to go the complete timeline route, it's the only ep to feature Jeffory Hunter as Captain Christopher Pike. Until later on which is just a mission record.
 
When it comes to the last episode of ENT, i'd say wait until your on TNG, and when you hit the episode "The Pegasus", stop it half way then watch "These are the Voyages...".

All i'll say is they are intertwined.
 
Personally, I really liked "These are the Voyages;" thought along with "In A Mirror, Darkly," it was one of the best episodes Enterprise had to offer (which I thought there were few of). Been a long-time Trekkie since I was a wee lad, too. 8D
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top