Blunty3000 interviews Zack Snyder on Watchmen (film)

HaiTien78

Member
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9c3m-Lc_uU8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwwaIXHqaFc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8I0LfvSJchk

Last part he talks about the ending, thus confirming we are getting a brand new ending. Different from the comic, different from Hayter's ending, and much different from Sam Hamm's hilarious joke ending.

He gives himself good justification to changing the ending from the squid to what it is now

In case you haven't heard:

[HIDE]The new ending Ozy uses a machine that gives him Doc's powers temporarily to set off all of the atomic bombs in the world. Which technically should start war instead of end it.[/HIDE]
 
I don't get all the hype for this movie. I'd never even heard of the series until I saw the trailer, which I don't think even looks all that interesting. :sly:
 
I don't get all the hype for this movie. I'd never even heard of the series until I saw the trailer, which I don't think even looks all that interesting. :sly:

As the case with many comic book movies, that goes double for Moore books. League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, V for Vendetta, Road to Perdition, 300, The Spirit, etc. No one even heard of them until the movie version.

Well the thing with Watchmen is, its not supposed to look interesting, its key factor is character. I guarantee you will not find characters as deep as the ones in Watchmen in any story. The movie version will might just drain these characters of most of their life that they had in the comic, again as the case with most of Alan Moore books to film adaptations.
 
I thought Max Allan Collins wrote The Road To Perdition and Frank Miller did 300?
 
I thought Max Allan Collins wrote The Road To Perdition and Frank Miller did 300?

They did, I suppose I worded my sentence poorly. But never the less no one heard of either until the movie version. Well 300 half counts, it is an over dramatization of a historical event we all know after all.
 
I dont know what to think now.

If they changed the ending....well its just not Watchman. This exactly what I was afraid of.

I guess I wont worry about it until the movie comes out.
 
I dont know what to think now.

If they changed the ending....well its just not Watchman. This exactly what I was afraid of.

I guess I wont worry about it until the movie comes out.

Snyder brings up a brilliant premise to counter your premise at the end of the third part of the interview. But if you are a lazy bloke let me summarize it for you.

Pretty much Snyder says its like this. What is the real ending? The Squid or Ozy sacrificing millions for his belief of world peace. The answer should be apparent.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top