Everytime someone posts this advice on the HJU forum, Keith curls up into a lil ball and cries in a dark corner like a little girl LOL

It's more like curling up my hand in to a fist and attempt to hold back my anger. Ads keep us online and keep us able to build and bring more content.

Please do not give advice on how to **** over HJU. :mad:

If you are running in to any trouble, let me know and I'll address it. I don't want ads to ever get in the way of enjoying the website.

So, I'm getting this message. It pops up in every page on this forum that I browse... of course I always hit cancel. Is this unsafe? Does this have anything to do with the new ads?

[HIDE]
v43ytl.jpg
[/HIDE]

Sorry about that and thanks for the heads up... I'll look in to this. But it is safe.

Checking with the company now to see if anything can be done.

Banned
You know... Some one telling some one else how to avoid getting malware, spyware and such is not "screwing over HJU". At no time did he say like

Yeah man use that adblock then you can just stick it to hju and prevent them from getting money.

If you want to edit some one's post cool, but at least don't make it look like the person was being an asshole. The way you edited that post keith, and the way you replied to big.. It just makes you look like a jerk. Because again, AT NO TIME... Did anyone do anything malicous to hju. You also are assuming that some one was trying to hurt hju at all. You could have at least pmed the guy, or worded your edit in such a way as to take into account that he might have not known about how you feel about adblock on HJU.

You know... Some one telling some one else how to avoid getting malware, spyware and such is not "screwing over HJU". At no time did he say like

Yeah man use that adblock then you can just stick it to hju and prevent them from getting money.

If you want to edit some one's post cool, but at least don't make it look like the person was being an asshole. The way you edited that post keith, and the way you replied to big.. It just makes you look like a jerk. Because again, AT NO TIME... Did anyone do anything malicous to hju. You also are assuming that some one was trying to hurt hju at all. You could have at least pmed the guy, or worded your edit in such a way as to take into account that he might have not known about how you feel about adblock on HJU.

Okay... getting angry here... see the post just above this one. I am not one to get angry easily.... I think this is well known, nor am I one to attack a poster evil.

I've made my feelings on this well known if you feel he's not trying to be an asshole or jerk, see the post above yours that seems to imply something different.

This is not up for argument or discussion. Further posts on this will be deleted.

If you are actively trying to piss me off for your amusement, I will ask you to leave.

If you experience any trouble or problems, I'm the first one in line to help you and am already looking in to the one poster's concern.

Just an Internet User Passing Thru
Appreciate the support KingRanger, but I got this....... :thumbs:

It's more like curling up my hand in to a fist and attempt to hold back my anger. Ads keep us online and keep us able to build and bring more content.

Please do not give advice on how to **** over HJU. :mad:

If you are running in to any trouble, let me know and I'll address it. I don't want ads to ever get in the way of enjoying the website.

Never really ever give that type of advice on any forum at all.........at least "not out in the public viewing."

I know the feeling about of being a person that has to poor out some of their own money from their wallet to run a website, so I don't have any hard feelings towards your comment when someone mentions the "Ad-Block add-ons" and ****. The "Google Ads" help take the pressure off of you financial to keep this site up, and I understand that part.

My reply to that poster was basically a friendly, humorous, informative "FYI" warning for anyone that wanted to post about how to "avoid ads on HJU," just to show everyone how it really does kinda give a big insulting jab to you HJU admins that do try everything to keep this site up and running.

So I'm not disagree with you, Keith. So if you took my post in the wrong way, I apologize.........that post was merely a small joke that I used to "attempt" to warn people about posting up about "Ad-Blocking on HJU." Although, the person that replied back to my joke took it the wrong way.

With that being said, I think King does have a small point here. I think it would've been better if you had just PM'd the guy about it INSTEAD of putting him on blast in public........THEN prolly make a public statement stating you don't condone this **** without pointing any fingers to anyone specific.

Ah.... okay. :anime:

Eh... I can't say enough how HJU and you guys are important to me. So, when someone says something like that that kinda just... flips off a thing needed to keep us growing and becoming better it's something I take very personally.

And I also never want ads to get in the way of using the site. Like actually shitty pop-up ads... they PAY A TON OF MONEY, but I feel that would actually turn out home to **** and get in you guys way, so that's money I can do without... but money is needed to keep our ship in the air.

Annyway.... I sent in a trouble ticket about the error message and I'll get on fixing it ASAP.

Last edited by a moderator:
So, I'm getting this message. It pops up in every page on this forum that I browse... of course I always hit cancel. Is this unsafe? Does this have anything to do with the new ads?

[HIDE]
v43ytl.jpg
[/HIDE]

They got back to me this morning with a fix that DekaMaster should have put through in a few minutes.

Let me know if you have any other problems in the future.

boogie woogie feng shui
Ads only generate revenue if people click on them, right? And I'm willing to bet that doesn't happen too often, so what's the big deal about people wanting to avoid or bypass annoying, flagrant ad links?

Some work by clicks, some work by impressions.. if you don't want to click, that's fine. I try to line up good vendors that are trusted to hook you guys up with great service. Each click helps us out and purchases help them out.

Encouraging others to do whatever they can not to contribute and telling them out to do it out where I can see it I find kiiiinda personally insulting and offensive when I try to line up a site that is free, kiiiiinda put me in some debt, and I try to use ads that are unobtrusive and also helpful to toy collectors.

Again, I really don't like talking about this stuff. How I handle my finances and try to keep things balanced in my life is kind of personal.

If you don't want to contribute that's up to you and I'm fine with whatever you decide is best for yourself. But coming here to tell people how they can do it right on the forum where I can see it is something I take very hard and personally. Especially if you think it's funny to insult me or piss me off. Whenever I've seen it brought up as almost pretty much flipping me off or with a "ha, ha" I'm one heartbeak away from droping a lifetime ban on that person.