Too bad Steve couldn't put Ultra under his toku adapt belt.:redface2:

How about I take it back. I would have loved to see an UMINO if it was done right around 1998.

Considering how Wang's effects work for Guyver at a shoestring were impressive, giving him a slightly better budget for a show would have been interesting for sure. To be honest, there are a couple ways I'd love for an American Ultra to be done:

-remake Great/Ultimate Hero as a single series on SyFy. Air it side by side with Defiance or that Singer kaiju show and it'd be good. Toku is a niche, but it can work if it is done not as exoticism to be as "Japanese" as possible, but to take the basic concept of Ultraman and the suitimation and give it an American sfx touch. Legacy Effects and Digital could do a bulk of the design and effects to bring Ultraman to American tastes without compromising the design, or even the ones who have done Hellboy or any Del Toro low budget.

-Original series based on either the first/Ultra Seven or the 2011 manga with the suit or a mix.

The Wind Of Justice
How about I take it back. I would have loved to see an UMINO if it was done right around 1998.

Considering how Wang's effects work for Guyver at a shoestring were impressive, giving him a slightly better budget for a show would have been interesting for sure. To be honest, there are a couple ways I'd love for an American Ultra to be done:

-remake Great/Ultimate Hero as a single series on SyFy. Air it side by side with Defiance or that Singer kaiju show and it'd be good. Toku is a niche, but it can work if it is done not as exoticism to be as "Japanese" as possible, but to take the basic concept of Ultraman and the suitimation and give it an American sfx touch. Legacy Effects and Digital could do a bulk of the design and effects to bring Ultraman to American tastes without compromising the design, or even the ones who have done Hellboy or any Del Toro low budget.

-Original series based on either the first/Ultra Seven or the 2011 manga with the suit or a mix.

Nice idea!:thumbs:

Nice idea!:thumbs:

Would Ultraman be good as a film? Yeah, but would it get made? Probably not unless there was demand and there was content out there to boost the demand. Not sure if the second set of Ultra shows would be great adapted unless they were given the Dragon Knight uplift and remastered to be on par with the new footage. I'm just thinking on the realist side that I don't feel Ultraman would not work well as a dub in this day and age, which leaves two options:

-Make an entirely new series with nothing related to the Japanese.
-Go the Power Rangers route and adapt their existing series.
-Take UltraSeven, air it and dub the nine movies cut up as a season of newer episodes on TVLand. Aim the franchise towards the older niche of retro-nostalgic fans and build on it.

Arguably, they could remake many of the newer series with American actors, and perhaps use stock footage to offset the costs. Keep the stories the same save for different parts and no one will blink an eye, but once the series ends with Nexus, they would need to adapt Seven X and if successful, make another 12 episode season. Beyond that, they could either lift from the Zero films and or Ginga, and then make their own series.