Ben Reily-led Spidey Title Pitched To Marvel

Skyknight

Lurker
Howard Mackie has confirmed on www.spidermancrawlspace.com that he and Tom DeFalco has pitched a Ben Reily ongoing series to Marvel. He's suggested that fans petition for it in the same way Tom's Spider-Girl fanbase keeps her title alive

Thanks, Brad. I truly appreciate all the kind words, and that Tom gets all the blame for the minor negatives! Tom and I would LOVE to continue with Ben– and have pitched a series– but that is Marvel’s call. Maybe a grassroots movement would help? Thanks again.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
If it follows on from The Clone Saga mini-series conclusion, yeah.

It won't focus on Peter, MJ, or their baby unless Ben returns to New York sometimes in the future, but it's better than nothing.

A lot of BND would make SENSE if everything that happened in it could be applied to Ben, he's not entirely the same character as Peter, he's a drifter
 
I'm down as Reilly's costume is my favorite Spider-Man costume. And I even enjoyed the old Scarlet Spider outfit, even if there's a current Scarlet Spider.
 
I don't know about bringing him back in current canon, but alternate timeline stuff, I'm all for it. I love Ben, and maybe now someone will still start selling those hoodies.
 
DeFalco said this revised Clone Saga mini-series was both canocial and non-canocial..whatever the hell that means.

Presumbly, it means if BND is retconned, then it'll be the proper continuity for Spidey and Ben will be intergrated back into canon, with the original, rather badly handled Clone Saga completly retconned (except in MC2)
 
I bet it's canonical except for, you know, baby May being back with her happily-married parents at the end.
 
I bet it's canonical except for, you know, baby May being back with her happily-married parents at the end.

No, Marc Guggenhiem's final ASM story (the one with The Raptor and Kaine) established The Clone Saga still happened exactly the way it originally did, though in this timeline, Peter and MJ werent married or expecting a kid. Everything else still happened, Aunt May's stand-in actress still "died", Norman was still the true mastermind behind the whole thing etc, and Ben is still dead

Obviously if BND is ever retconned, the "reward" might be this revised continuity
 
I still say they were married in the timeline, just no one remembers it.

EDIT: Crap, forgot the last issue came out this week. This one kinda lost me on some parts compared to the rest.
I mean, Norman being a good guy?
But overall, I liked the series, and I'd like to see more of Reilly on the road as the Scarlet Spider (what I wanted in the first place before his death)
 
Last edited:
I still say they were married in the timeline, just no one remembers it.

No, Quesada has been VERY adamant about this because he doesnt want to "taint" any future revival of the marraige with adultery if they ever undo the deal (OMD's sequel is coming later in 2010, but that will probably be the "new" version that occured in this amended history, not the original story). They didnt get married, Mephisto went back in time and changed history.

The only character that remembers they were married is Deadpool, but that's because he knows he's in a comic book.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top