Battelstar Galactica: Season One

Keith Justice

New Member
I broke down and bought it. Gaming Steve, Geeks On and every other geek out there have just given the show too high a praise for me to ignore. Even heard of it spoken of in the same breath as another of my favorite shows, The SHIELD.

My roommate calls it The SHIELD meets Nip/Tuck... IN SPACE!!!

My friends are having special geek nights to watch it now. Anyone else a card carrying Viper pilot around here?
 
watched it the Very day it began airing and never let up. owe the Box-sets the video game (A diamond in the rough let me tell you) and will be reading the upcoming comic with bated breath. When Sci-fi pimps it in the commercial with the phrase "See the show Rolling Stone calls the Best show on TV" They should just plain say "See the Best show on TV" Because it is!

Oh and Keith, I look forward to hearing all the screaming your gonna be doing at the end of Season one.
 
I got the video game. Only annouance is that your HUD doesn't auto-target your next objective.

So, while I'm cycling through targets my captial ships are getting straight jacked up the pooper.

That got me to stop playing, but I'm getting an itchy trigger finger now thanks to the show.
 
I'm a fan of Emostar Galactica, aka Galactica In Name Only but only in terms of treating it as a far different show than the original, the original gives you a sense of fun, and consistent action/adventure, whilst telling a mythology story without elongating it into ten parts per week and giving Cylons breasts.
 
Way I see it, with pretty much anything... I like reimagining.

If they'd just redid the series... that'd be all it was. The Original BSG has been and always will be.

But that doesn't mean I never wanna see a Cylon or Viper ever again.

Emostar Galactica makes it so we can enjoy similar themes once again.
 
I honestly tried to get into the new one, but there were too many changes and the characters and all the other things I enjoyed about the original were barely recognizable. I just couldn't stay with it.
 
Skyknight said:
I'm a fan of Emostar Galactica, aka Galactica In Name Only but only in terms of treating it as a far different show than the original, the original gives you a sense of fun, and consistent action/adventure, whilst telling a mythology story without elongating it into ten parts per week and giving Cylons breasts.

Fayt Linegod said:
Not for the remake. Original series only for me.


Both of you suck. :laugh:

Ah well. To each their own I guess. I think the show's pretty decent, though I've only been watching since the end of season 2 or so. I'd nail you guys for disliking remakes, but then again I think Smallville's the biggest piece of "reimagined" trash on television right now, so I'd be a hypocrite.
 
Sage Shinigami said:
Both of you suck. :laugh:

Ah well. To each their own I guess. I think the show's pretty decent, though I've only been watching since the end of season 2 or so. I'd nail you guys for disliking remakes, but then again I think Smallville's the biggest piece of "reimagined" trash on television right now, so I'd be a hypocrite.

I dont' dislike every remake, the new Galactica is fine as a seperate animal and a great show in its' own right.

According to an interview with Moore though, hes' going nowhere near the Ship of Lights, which I think is a mistake, but its' his version, his baby.
 
Smallville I can't get into at all. Tried several times, but I like Chloe more than Lana... the stories aren't DC enough.... and.. stories... storytelling.. just not tight enough.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top