Batman and Robin - Overall Bad 90s Movie

Despite the all-star cast, it was a critical disaster. In fact, it seemed like some sort of mockery of Hollywood, :rolleyes: kind of like when the NBA stars lost their talent on Space Jam. o_O In fact, the actor who did the best, George Clooney, could only do so much - given the horrible script. Oh, and Arnold Schwarzenegger? This is really pathetic. He was paid 25 million to be in the flop.:eek:

Anyway, search this stuff for yourself to find out.

Last edited:
I remember this film as I watched it a number of times but found no satisfaction of it. Batman was portrayed by George Clooney, while Chris O'Donell as Robin. I love Alicia Silverstone and she was chosen as Batgirl during her peak. But it seems it is overstuffed with A-listers back then, considering Arnold's popularity, and played Mr. Freeze in the film. Uma Thurman was also popular that time who portrayed Poison Ivy. I never appreciated Batman movies until Christian Bale portrayed it. Though, Batman Returns is quite good.

Looking back, the costumes for the movie look like an excellent cosplay convention. The colors were really vibrant for a Batman movie. Thank goodness Christopher Nolan resurrected Batman and showed us that the movies have potential to be done in a proper serious tone and still manage to rake in the earnings. Now, we are in an era of movies ruled by comic book adaptations.

I have watched this movie. I was in high school when this movie was released. Since I was a batman fan, I went to the theatre to watch the movie. I did not like the movie. The movide had big stars (Clooney, Arnold, Thurman), but the movie was not good. Character Customeswere also horrible. I think Christina Bale is the best batman.

I've always wondered how things can fail at this level. I mean, with this much money on the line, it seems like they could have gotten a decent writer/writers. I mean, give me a break. :( Anyway, it seems like everything can fail, no matter how much money is put into something. So we shouldn't take any project for granted.