Only JAKQ was cancelled...and, surprise surprise, it was brought to us by the same man who brought us Kamen Rider!
And to say sentai has lasted only because of toys is wrong, too. The new gen KR shows have been just as big of a toy commercial as sentai -- come on, we're going lower than toys and completely selling out with Pokemon cards.
I don't get where KR is so "dark and mature" than sentai...well, at least keeping in mind older sentai. New KR is more soapy and angsty...not really "mature," I don't feel like I'm watching anything heavy. I think playing with cards is even dorkier than talking dogs.
:tongue: Kamen Rider. You overrated whiner!
I like Rider, I just think he needs to keep in mind that sentai's his superior. These people who think it's "radder" because there's soapy love triangles and gratuitous deaths piss me off! That's a sort of other group with anti-PR or anti-sentai -- the morbid lemon suckers who like a show just because there are deaths.