Anime Justice: Gundam SEED Destiny - "Let's Watch an Anime Together."

Blue said:
It has its ups and downs....A lot better then SEED though

He was telling me it was actually a lot worse, and told me how they're actually stealing lines and concepts from Gundam 0079 and Zeta Gundam. I can't believe that they've sunk so low to steal dialogue.
 
I love Gundam Seed: Destiny. I cried the day I learned it got licensed, but then got over it when I learned that "SEED" fansubs were still distrubiting it. Just like Naruto. I called up my friend when I learned that, and he thought I was playing some practical joke on him(we've been watching it since episode 1). And I agree, Bleach is an awesome series! It's currently my 2nd fav. It goes Naruto, Bleach, Eyeshield 21 and Destiny. :jam:
 
Kyusaku said:
He was telling me it was actually a lot worse, and told me how they're actually stealing lines and concepts from Gundam 0079 and Zeta Gundam. I can't believe that they've sunk so low to steal dialogue.
SEED did that a lot too, it's not really stealing many lines...Just reworking the story lines. I guess since CE is the new UC they're going to be doing that for a while. And SEED itself almost fully ripped the Andy arc, which Destiny has yet to do for any arcs.
 
Kyusaku said:
He was telling me it was actually a lot worse, and told me how they're actually stealing lines and concepts from Gundam 0079 and Zeta Gundam. I can't believe that they've sunk so low to steal dialogue.

That's one way of looking at it. Another is evoking the spirit of a treasured classic within one's own piece.

Even Tolkien lifted inspiration and themes from classic stories of old to create his now time honored master piece and every fantasy book that has come sense has carried with it the spirit of Tolkien.

It's not stealing. Person behind this anime has the hand of a genius and doesn't need to pretend. Not to mention that Zeta and 0079 are time honored classics that if he used anything from those animes it'd be noticed.

What I'm seeing isn't slight of hand but a rebirth of greatness of old for new fans to witness meshed with its own new and powerful story with its own secrets and struggles to get behind.

Anyway.. pick up some Gundam SEED Destiny, Justice Heroes. We'll watch it together. This along with others.

A new forum will come for anime. That which we can watch here on American television will remain here, like Zatch Bell. Those we retrieve from fansubs, we'll enjoy in Anime Justice.

Ready... HASHIN!!!
 
Blue said:
SEED did that a lot too, it's not really stealing many lines...Just reworking the story lines. I guess since CE is the new UC they're going to be doing that for a while. And SEED itself almost fully ripped the Andy arc, which Destiny has yet to do for any arcs.

No no, actually dialogue was stolen, thanks to them introducing Zakus. "Zaku to wa chigau da yo Zaku to waaaa" Ranba Ral line in MSG 0079 used over again by I think TM Revolution's character. And he pilots a Gouf? WTH, what a rip. And I heard they got their own version of the Psycho Gundam from Zeta.
 
Kyusaku said:
No no, actually dialogue was stolen, thanks to them introducing Zakus. "Zaku to wa chigau da yo Zaku to waaaa" Ranba Ral line in MSG 0079 used over again by I think TM Revolution's character. And he pilots a Gouf? WTH, what a rip. And I heard they got their own version of the Psycho Gundam from Zeta.
Yeah, but that doesn't get me mad really. If you think about it so many gundam ideas have come that eventually they had to rehash some ideas. Psycho gundam though...No idea what that is.

I just think of it as paying homage to the original.
 
Blue said:
Yeah, but that doesn't get me mad really. If you think about it so many gundam ideas have come that eventually they had to rehash some ideas. Psycho gundam though...No idea what that is.

I just think of it as paying homage to the original.

The only time I'd consider it ok is if Sunrise would let Tomino direct a Gundam again. Ever since Turn A they haven't let him touch Gundam, while he has directed other projects such as Overman King Gainer for Sunrise. In Zeta there was something called a Psycho Gundam, something like the GFAS-X1 Destroy Gundam in SEED Destiny without the giant thing on its back. It was a gigantic Gundam.
 
Destroy gundam is actually a perfected version of the Providence isn't it? But then again that came from RX-78. And I had heard Tomino didn't want to do another Gundam?
 
Blue said:
Destroy gundam is actually a perfected version of the Providence isn't it? But then again that came from RX-78. And I had heard Tomino didn't want to do another Gundam?

Not sure about the whole Providence thing but everyone who has seen Zeta has been saying that Destroy is a clone of Psycho Gundam even looks like it without the thing on its back. And I've heard the opposite about Tomino, heard he'd really like to do a Gundam again, especailly wanting to work on Turn A in Space.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top