Alone In The Dark To Be Reborn For Modern Systems

Staff member
This is debatable, but it can be argued that the roots of horror games started in the early 90s. Even though video games have been around commercially since the early 70s and in experimental form before that, the giant pixels, chunky characters and primitive musical boops didn’t allow for much spookiness.
Once the graphics could support the proper atmosphere, though, scary games can and did get made…but mostly in Japan. Titles like Sweet Home and the original Clock Tower were Japanese exclusives. Part of the problem was that in the US, games were still viewed as for children…console games, at least. The PC had an older market, and it was able to get away with something like Alone In The Dark without much controversy, all the way back in 1992. To many, AITD was their first introduction to the survival horror genre.
Now that we take scary games for granted, and there are hundreds of them, can Alone In The Dark maintain its effectiveness? Publisher THQ and developer Pieces Interactive...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
That's the glory of love!
I am kind of Sad that Alone in the Dark is forgotten by modern gamers. We wont have Silent Hill and Resident evil without it.

I hope they use over the shoulder camera angles, I am so sick of first person cameras.

Money Heister
I have always loved alone in the dark. I can still recall playing the PlayStation's new horror demo by myself in the dark before renting it from Blockbuster. It was my first time doing it. I hold the Game Alone in the Dark in high regard. I hope that it will receive the justice it deserves this time.

It appears to be returning to its roots. Despite the fact that it has The Evil Within undertones, I believe it will work. Reproduction of the original. Thank God, because the original deteriorated quickly.

And all that I can see is just another Lemon tree
Anyone who loves the irony how Alone in the Dark inspired Resident Evil to adapt the fixed camera angles and now Its Resident evil that inspired Alone in the Dark to use the over the shoulder camera.

Residence of Evil
Now that alone in the Dark is back, All I needed now is a revival of Silent Hill, Siren,Dino Crisis and Resident Evil Revelations. We need more AAA horror titans making a comeback because the new audience are now open minded to play horror games. We are not stuck with brain dead shooter bros anymore. Gaming is now more diverse.

Queen of Selfcare
It is a shame that most teenagers I know doesn't know what Alone in the dark is because the games didn't age well. Hope this remake can make a difference.

guy

Sentai Monster with no Mouth Animation
The Alone in the Dark games, which were great survival horror games, came before the Resident Evil series. It shouldn't be overlooked, and this new game will put it back on the map. I believe that the survival horror subgenre has just come back strongly, and I wholeheartedly support this.