Lurker
Sucks that it's a 3DS game though... Would it work on US systems? (>.<)
as for the 2nd one, nope, must have JP 3DS unless Flashcarts is a thing again
You're both quite late on news of 3DS developments: You can now run Japanese games on US 3DS without additional hardware by installing Arm9loaderhax on your 3DS (Unless your 3DS is on firmware 11.0, in which case you'll need an already modded 3DS and a legit copy of Fieldrunners from the US 3DS eShop to System Transfer to the target 3DS-to-be-modded as a software Trojan horse). If you're willing to head down that rabbit hole, just follow this guide: https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki

Lurker
The website does show a screenshot of the form change system and Ghost will at least be able to transform from Ore to Toucon Boost and stay in that respective form. He also has 2 finishers, one for Mugen and on for Greatful so I don't know what's up with that (Probably like you were able to unlock finishers in RiGen 2)
two finisher might prolly be like the Ghost Eshop games, one that is weak and one that is stronger(Kick and Omedama for Ghost at that time)

I believe Gaim, Baron and Ryugen will have form changes for their base forms. Gaim had permanent ones in Senki (Pine and Ichigo, with Wizard being an unlock exclusive). The final forms were never playable in RiGen anyways, so it's fine by me.
Zangetsu Shin and Suika Zangetsu is already confirmed as one-off special attacks(Shin also becomes finisher too), no permanent form change to Zangetsu Shin, and most likely because they don't want to bother making too many special moves for the original Zangetsu's moveset and just use transformation specials to fill up the remaining special move slot

Ryugen's Kiwi and Yomotsuheguri arms are one off special moves too since they revert back to Ryugen after attacking, and i'm not talking about finishers, just regular specials

i don't think Wizard Arms will be making a return in the game

I must disagree, I think they are doing a great job with the limited ressources they are given. I was always very fond of the RiGen series, they always were able to make me want to play as every single Rider. I wonder who will be the secret 18th Rider (probably Snipe)
i never realy liked Rider Generation, choppy animations aside, the gameplay is so unbalanced since they treated the showa as generic and crap, which makes the whole "a lot of riders playable" becoming useless because the only ones worth playing were the heisei ones and maybe 3 of the Showas, in Battride, baring the DLC characters everyone is just as great "full" even if the characters did not have transformations and whatnot

for example: Baron in Genesis, that was really impressive, and they even managed to do stuffs with G3-X that i didn't have thought they will do that far....the showas are also way more colorful and enjoyable than the RG version(except Super 1 and Skyrider, both version of games have their own unique charm, the other Showas tho, Battride wins by a far stretch)

if there's one thing i liked in the RG games is that sometimes they have better version of finisher attacks than Battride War/Climax heroes, like Fourze Cosmic's Cho Ginga Finish in RG2, Delta's finisher, or Gaim Kiwami's Gate of Helheim finisher attack, also they have team finishers that are not generic Double Rider Kick, Battride should really implement that too.

as for characters, i bet it's Gold Drive, since every evil rider-class boss featured before had become playable

From the Twitter account.

- Rider 1, being the "Rider of Technique" is very easy to pull combos.
- Rider 2, being the "Rider of Power" has special destructive abilities.
- Ex-Aid will have his Action Gamer LVL 1 that, like an Action Game, is good for jumping action.
CufQ_lFUMAACVbn.jpg

- Ex-Aid attacks will also have the "HIT! HIT! HIT!" effects.
- They are also hinting to Ex-Aid new secrets (Robot Gamer LVL 3..?).

My most anticipated thing from this game is Shin's interaction with others. He is so badass in the second game.

Lurker
Surprise Surprise, Ex-Aid and Brave will be able to LVL 3 (and 5). It's naive not to think that Snipe will also feature his LVL 3 and LVL 5.

15219578_10154303498679862_7113448330823910664_n.jpg

The real surprise is that Ghost Gamer is also in the game. Cuz we all need more Ghost, right? right?

[EDIT] Site updated with some more info on the DLC

December:
- Dark Ghost
- Ex-Aid Robot Action Gamer LVL 3
- Ex-Aid Hunter Action Gamer LVL 5
- Ex-Aid Ghost Gamer LVL 2
- Brave Beat Quest Gamer LVL 3
- Brave Hunter Quest Gamer LVL 5

January:
- Snipe
- Ex-Aid Double Action Gamer LVL XX

Also, my copy will be arriving some time next week (Thanks Amazon.jp) and I decided to make a video series about it just like I did with Game de Kaigan (not much with Battleride since I had some recording mishaps)

Last edited:
Otaku University Student
Have to ask, have they done anything to the old Rider's move sets? Or are they straight ports from the previous games? Curious about Faiz in particular. They did make some improvements from RG1 to RG2, like with the addition of the very cool Axel Crimson Smash.

Lurker
Have to ask, have they done anything to the old Rider's move sets? Or are they straight ports from the previous games? Curious about Faiz in particular. They did make some improvements from RG1 to RG2, like with the addition of the very cool Axel Crimson Smash.
doesn't seem to be the case so far, but they have updated the finishers, IIRC they changed it from RG2 to the updated Traveller's Senki version

seeing how lax the new characters are(with the likes of Zangetsu and Ryugen not having permanent form change), i doubt they even bothered to update the old casts movesets either

all that aside, they have confirmed that NEXT V3 is also in the game, and all 3 reboot Riders will be voiced by their original actors

Last edited: