A preview of what I've been working on...

TakaComics

Toku Webcomic Artist
I have recently started a sentai webcomic, and while I'm not too far in yet, I'd like to show you guys the page I just finished, page 16 (as it does involve the main character in her suit, which won't be online for a little while at first). I'm not putting the text in, as I don't really want to give EVERYTHING away! I hope you enjoy it! Comment or critique if you would like!
16.jpg
 
Oh. My. God.
I love it so far, you really do have talent in this and it's got me excited to see the final outcome.

I think the belt could be a bit more detailed for the hero and the head seems a little empty. Except for that, I really like what I see.
 
Oh. My. God.
I love it so far, you really do have talent in this and it's got me excited to see the final outcome.

I think the belt could be a bit more detailed for the hero and the head seems a little empty. Except for that, I really like what I see.

Hey! Thanks for the compliments and critique. I've been stuck on the belt for a while, as it seemed plain to me too, but I didn't want it to be too obtrusive. I think also that shading will help it work more, as I think I forgot it on that page. As I said, this is a later page (I'm so busy with other work that I didn't want to start this up and then miss updates, so I'm updating slowly for now), and so I have some time to fix a few things that feel off. I'm just hoping that the sentai fans enjoy it, as there really aren't any sentai webcomics online right now (which makes me sad...)
 
Maybe filling some of the blocks of the belt in black would help, or adding weapons/ tools to it would also help to fill more space as well as adding further abilities for the character.

And yeah, it's a shame there aren't any other sentai webcomics. I'm not really an artist, but I'm always here to help if you need it! xD
 
I wonder if her design could use an accent color? Maybe just a hint of gold or red somewhere to make it pop. Between the black-suited mooks and the dark background, it's very monochromatic; though that might be suitable, depending on what you're going for.

Good stuff though, the layout is great, and your anatomy is excellent. (I'm assuming there will be word balloons in the second and fifth panels?)
 
I wonder if her design could use an accent color? Maybe just a hint of gold or red somewhere to make it pop. Between the black-suited mooks and the dark background, it's very monochromatic; though that might be suitable, depending on what you're going for.

Good stuff though, the layout is great, and your anatomy is excellent. (I'm assuming there will be word balloons in the second and fifth panels?)

Well, two other characters are coming in a couple pages after this, ChromaRed and ChromaBlue. At this point, they're running to find out who is in the suit, as seen in what will be the two pages before this. That will add color to the grey mooks and ChromaWhite. And yes, there will be word balloons on the page :)

Neon: I think I might make the belt a little more metallic looking, to give it some shape and make it not look as flat. :) The other belts are colored depending on the color of the character's suit, except for the centerpiece which is always white (though, taking KouAidou's suggestion, I might try making them gold, I'm afraid that might look too much like Zyuranger though haha.)
 
I would love it if only that last panel were more dramatic. Cutting from them jumping at the camera, and then that totally sweet forced-perspective shot in panel 3, to a static side-view of the actual breakthrough in panel 4, feels kind of anticlimactic. Red's pose also kind of obscures Blue's action.

I like the addition of the gold and the extra detail on their belts. I think they could still use a few more accents here and there, though.

Still, great work!
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top