I was referring more to actors from 80s and 90s Metal Heroes like Jiban, Redder, Blue SWAT, etc. than the NextGen casts. I hope that, at the very least, someone might appear in a V-Cinema like the Girls in Trouble prequel last year. Takumi Tsutsui (Jiraiya) returned in Ninninger, so it can't be that difficult.

Coolgin from Metalder was mentioned in Space Squad. If someone from Metalder showed up, that'd be great. Even if it's just the Metalder suit, there would at least be an in-story reason as to why he can't transform.

English subs available

The first teaser trailer is out and it seems that Hammy has gone bad. The Space Sheriffs are out to arrest her and it's causing divisions within the Kyuranger team too.
Coolgin from Metalder was mentioned in Space Squad. If someone from Metalder showed up, that'd be great. Even if it's just the Metalder suit, there would at least be an in-story reason as to why he can't transform.
I'd like that as I think Metalder is one of the greatest toku shows ever made, but it was ended early due to low ratings so I don't know if it would be top of Toei's list. It would be cool to see some more older heroes though. If the actor who played Red One beats his cancer it would be nice to celebrate it by giving the Bioman team an appearance in one of these (wishful thinking, I know).

Magazine pages for Kyuranger VS Space Squad and it seems that Jiraiya is returning in some capacity!

DY-zu7hVwAAR-CE.jpg:small

DY-zu7bV4AAfyxp.jpg:small

So Toei has released their April Fools Day gag for the year:

So the first part - an announcement of a series called "Super Sentai Villains" - is fake. However, Toei also have a history of making genuine announcements on April 1st, and the reason they have new footage of these characters is because these villains are appearing in Kyuranger vs Space Squad.

DZqK5ClV4AA28M5.jpg
DZqVS7oXUAAUIVo.jpg:small

So, returning to back-up "evil" Hammie is: Mele from Gekiranger, Juzo from Shinkenger, Basco from Gokaiger and Escape from Go-Busters. Also included is a suit-only character which is a new version of a vaillain from Jiraiya called Space Ninja Demost, who seems to be responsible for resurrecting these other villains.

Last edited:
Just posted on Yosuke Kishi's (Stinger) youtube channel, the cast of Kyuranger (in isolation) sing the show's opening theme and encourage people to stay at home.

Last edited: