★ULTRA-ACT - News and Reviews

Wow, I should have seen that coming, and yet I didn't expect Kyrieloid to be small like Zamsher was. You haven't seen Tiga to know anything about him, but I imagine the shitty parts count is because Bandai wants to wait to do a Kyrieloid II... wings and all. Probably as a TW exclusive to boot!

On a tangent, I happened to go back and read your Baltan reivew, and... ouch. Ignoring the obvious bias in that I'm named after him now, Baltan is still my favorite Ultra-Act and has no loose... anything. Not all Baltans were created equal.
 
Kyrieloid
Killalien.jpg


Height: 6 - 172 feet, 2 - 52 meters.

Weight: 42,000 tons.

Powers/Weapons:

Creptic Ray: A powerful blast of energy Kyrieloid can emit from his palms. Can destroy buildings in one shot.

Kilie Growth:Kyrieloid can grow to any size to match that of his foes.

Human Disguise: Kyrieloid can disguise itself as a normal human. But in their human form, they have telekinetic powers.
Agility: Kyrieloid is extremely agile and fast, enough to keep up with Ultraman Tiga in Speed Type.

First Appearance: Ultraman Tiga episode 3: "Prophecy of Evil."

History:

[HIDE]Kyrieloid was the result of one of the Kilialiens exposing himself to their energy blasts from below ground. He quickly attacked Tiga and the two seemed evenly matched till he sent the hero flying through a building with a kick but as he rose they fought again and Tiga returned the favor with a should toss. Move for move the two fought evenly. Finally, Tiga transformed to Speed type. While Kyrieloid’s speed was impressive, Tiga’s was greater and he began gaining the upper hand with a barrage of kicks until he received a blast of Kyrieloid’s Creptic Ray and Kyrieloid began gaining the advantage. Kyrieloid kept his assault up, throwing Tiga through a building as his color timer began flashing. But GUTS and Iruma called support to Tiga, giving him new strength. The hero dodged a Creptic Ray and froze the demonic warrior solid before switching back to Omni type and blowing Kyrieloid to pieces with his Zepellion Ray. But while the first Kyrieloid was destroyed, the Kilialiens were far from done. [/HIDE]


Ultraman Tiga
NEWTiga.jpg



Height: 6 - 174 feet, 2 - 53 meters.

Weight: ??? - 44,000 tons.

Flight Speed: Mach 5.

History:

[HIDE]In ancient times a race of giants lived on the Earth, protecting and guarding an ancient civilization from monsters of all types. However a war between them occurred, on one side the forces of good and light, on the other side, the dark giants lead by four dark warriors, Kamila, Hudra, Darramb, and Tiga. However, Tiga saw the error of his ways and chose light over darkness, changing to the side of good. The dark giants fell to the forces of light, Kamila, Gudra, and Darramb turned to stone. However, a great evil called Gatanozoa overtook their civilization and the world, turning all the giants to stone, Tiga included. Centuries later, Tiga’s transformation, the Spark Lens returned to Earth, finding a descendent of the ancient civilization, Daigo. As Golza and Melba, two super ancient monsters awakened to ravage mankind, Daigo and the GUTS team made their way to the resting place of Tiga and two of his comrades. While the two other statues were smashed by the ancient beasts, Daigo merged with Ultraman Tiga, taking the giant’s form as his own. With little effort, Tiga defeats the two and becomes the Earth’s protector against armies of ancient kaiju, genetic experiments gone wrong, aliens, and even a giant of darkness spawned by the Spark Lens and a greedy man’s desire for power, Evil Tiga. But the warrior would vanquish each threat the Earth faced, even when Gatanozoa’s minion, Gijura, awakened, the evil plant was destroyed. After defeating Gatanozoa’s other guardian, Zoyger, Tiga would face a greater challenge, the Ruler of Darkness himself, Gatanozoa. While he fought hard, Tiga was beaten and turned back to stone, but the children of the world lent their light to Tiga, transforming him into Glitter Tiga. After the ultimate evil was destroyed, the Spark Lens turned back to stone and disintegrated, leaving Daigo a normal man once more. However, two years later, Kamila, Hudra, and Darramb were awakened from their ancient prisons to blight the world once again and used the Dark Spark Lens to let Daigo transform, but into Tiga’s previous, evil form, Dark Tiga. But as he fought the trio of dark giants, Tiga absorbed their energy, turning him back slowly into his good form, killing Darramb and Hudra. Finally, during the fight with Kamila, Tiga Blast was transformed back into Ultraman Tiga. Enraged by this, Kamila transformed into the monstrous Demonzoa and assaulted the hero. Despite everything he launched at the beast, nothing could so much as phase it and Tiga was defeated by the dark monster. But Tiga’s former good comrades, left turned to stone and laying around the island in ruins, gave what energy remained to Tiga, transforming him back into the ultimate force of light, Glitter Tiga. Despite Demonzoa’s best efforts, Glitter Tiga was too strong and killed the final giant of darkness. After Daigo’s marriage to Rena, he left Earth, leaving the planet in the hands of Tiga’s apprentice, Ultraman Dyna. But while Daigo wouldn’t take up the mantle again, the energy of children revived Ultraman Tiga to save Dyna from death at the hands of the massive Queen Monela.[/HIDE]


Love your reviews. Just wanted to give you a bit of info on the character. His scale is about right. He is supposed to be a little shorter than Tiga. You should check out Tiga and some of the other Ultra series Cooksux. You wont be disappointed. Plus it'll give you a little more insight and respect for the characters.:thumbs:
 
Last edited:
Love your reviews. Just wanted to give you a bit of info on the character. His scale is about right. He is supposed to be a little shorter than Tiga. You should check out Tiga and some of the other Ultra series Cooksux. You wont be disappointed. Plus it'll give you a little more insight and respect for the characters.:thumbs:

That's fascinating! In terms of the scale issue, I was just going off of the back of each box. Kyrieloid is listed as 52 meters, while Tiga is 53. The discrepancy shouldn't be THAT bad no? The picture of the suit for Kyrieloid is bad ass, and from what I hear Tiga is a great show.

Wow, I should have seen that coming, and yet I didn't expect Kyrieloid to be small like Zamsher was. You haven't seen Tiga to know anything about him, but I imagine the shitty parts count is because Bandai wants to wait to do a Kyrieloid II... wings and all. Probably as a TW exclusive to boot!

On a tangent, I happened to go back and read your Baltan reivew, and... ouch. Ignoring the obvious bias in that I'm named after him now, Baltan is still my favorite Ultra-Act and has no loose... anything. Not all Baltans were created equal.

Interesting take on why Kyrieloid is nerfed. I have seen footage of Chaos Kyrieloid and that looks sick. On the subject of Baltan, I don't think I was too rough on it. Baltan is still one of my favorite figures... it's just the joints just got loose on mine. Despite that, the sculpt and paint apps are top notch.

Darksenshi... so after having read the bio for Tiga I have a question... from what I assumed; Tiga is supposed to be set in an alternate universe. The bio says that Dyna is the successor... Dyna also shows up in the Mega Monster Battle movie. Is anything retconned to merge the universes together, or is the Mega Monster movie not cannon with Ultraman proper?
 
Last edited:
That's fascinating! In terms of the scale issue, I was just going off of the back of each box. Kyrieloid is listed as 52 meters, while Tiga is 53. The discrepancy shouldn't be THAT bad no? The picture of the suit for Kyrieloid is bad ass, and from what I hear Tiga is a great show.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4OEOnK17_C8&feature=related"]YouTube - ??????????vs??????????[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6TXPqxJuoP8&feature=related"]YouTube - ??????????vs???????????[/ame]

:buttrock:

Darksenshi... so after having read the bio for Tiga I have a question... from what I assumed; Tiga is supposed to be set in an alternate universe. The bio says that Dyna is the successor... Dyna also shows up in the Mega Monster Battle movie. Is anything retconned to merge the universes together, or is the Mega Monster movie not cannon with Ultraman proper?

This issue is somewhat debatable. I think most people sees that Dyna was transported into the Mega Monster universe at the end of his series...
 
That's fascinating! In terms of the scale issue, I was just going off of the back of each box. Kyrieloid is listed as 52 meters, while Tiga is 53. The discrepancy shouldn't be THAT bad no?

No, it shouldn't. It has nothing to do with the scale in the show - Bandai has simply continued their trend of making the villains smaller than their heroes. In canon, Zamsher is supposed to be taller than Mebius, but instead, he's the size of a Figuart. For Kyrieloid to be that short in the series, he'd have to be around fifteen feet shorter than Tiga, instead of two.

EDIT: I may have to take that back. It's hard to tell from the clip, but it DOES look like Tiga is that much bigger. It wouldn't be the first time official stats didn't count for all that much. I'm working at completing the Tiga DVD set right now, so eventually I'll give the full series a watch!
 
Last edited:
Darksenshi... so after having read the bio for Tiga I have a question... from what I assumed; Tiga is supposed to be set in an alternate universe. The bio says that Dyna is the successor... Dyna also shows up in the Mega Monster Battle movie. Is anything retconned to merge the universes together, or is the Mega Monster movie not cannon with Ultraman proper?



Good question. Tiga and Dyna are from a different universe from the Original Ultra's. In the final story arc of Dyna it is rather somber, in contrast to the rest of the series. Dyna/Asuka apparently sacrifice themselves to save the Earth from Gran Sphere, the planet-sized mother form of the Spheres. In the series finale, we do get to see that Asuka rejoins his father as they ride off toward the light in their two spaceships, though the fate of Dyna / Asuka and Asuka's father remains unknown. Eleven years after the end of the television series, the movie Mega Monster Battle: Ultra Galaxy Legend The Movie is intended as a direct follow-up for Dyna / Asuka after events of the Dyna series finale. It is revealed that the wormhole resulting from Gran Sphere's destruction transported him to the M78 universe, where the film takes place. At the end of the movie, as the featured ZAP SPACY members require help back to Earth, Dyna / Asuka decides to direct them home personally. They are shown disappearing into a self-made wormhole together.
 
long story short. Asuka gets lost in space in the last episode. He probably difted/beamed to the different dimension in the movie as he is IIRC, embodiment of light.
 
My first two Ultra-Act figures arrived today! After spending a few minutes with each, Zero is definitely the best of the two. No issues thus far from that one. I really like the articulation on the neck and the head-swapping.

Mebius however is a bit worse. The right arm is super loose (nothing a little nail polish can't solve I suppose), and the sword falls off the arm super easy. The upper leg joint was twisted pretty bad straight out of the box and made a cringe-worthy snapping noise when I turned it to be in the correct position. Other than those, it's not TOO bad I guess, but I'm anxious to see more.

I hope they've somewhat solved the problems with the original Ultraman. I'll have those coming later this month. Now to find a Belial :D
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top