★ULTRA-ACT - News and Reviews

My Tiga and Kyrieroid came today. I'm happy with the line, but just wanted to drop in and bitch about the exorbitant prices for the villains... Kyrieroid was bad enough, over 2700 yen. Gorza at 6600 yen is totally not worth it, but damn, trying to go completist in this line, I ordered from Yokatta anyway. Still trying to locate an Imit Ultraman too.

Btw, I think criticisms directed at poor Tiga have been too harsh, so I will come to the figure's defense. The colours are fine and unfair to compare the pic from the show to a cellphone camera with no lighting. There is a difference in the shoulders, the Tiga in the pic has flatter looking shoulders and the one in hand has rounded shoulders and I have to say I like the one in hand more. The face looks a bit more narrow in the show pic that the figure in hand, but I don't know if that's a trick of lighting. As for the lines not matching, yes, I agree, but it's been like this with all the Ultramen in this line. It just goes to show how difficult it is to make a figure who has a seamless jumpsuit into an articulated figure. If I'm looking for seamless, I would go with the vinyl option, much cheaper too. But I buy these guys to do all the bad ass fighting poses, so the lines not matching, no matter what, you'll find a pose where it doesn't match.

I will criticize this figure for having joints too tight, especially in the chest. It makes flexing him into a 100% perfect posture quite a chore and he naturally wants to end up crooked again. I may have to give him a hot water bath later and stick him in the fridge after that to see if that resolves those issues.

As for folks waiting for the figure to go on clearance before buying, saving some money is well and good, but keep in mind if they are not selling when they first come out, it inevitably will lead to lower production runs, and/or cancellation, so I say support the lines you enjoy.

Cooksux, loving your site, btw!

Kaido, thanks mang! You're right, I was half kidding about waiting on the figures to get clearanced out. It's weird, the Ultraman fans seem to be stronger on my site than the Kamen Rider ones. It just seems Kamen Rider heavy because there is just so much product coming out. You're also right about us having to put it all into perspective. It's really hard to judge a toy by pictures, and I am super guilty of being judgmental before I get them in my hands.

As to the reason why the kaijin are more expensive? If you think about it... the Ultraman figures can be slightly remoulded and repainted. There isn't that much work involved in making these guys. The Kaijin? They're extensive new sculpts that have a rare chance of a remold or repaint. Would anyone want to see another Zamsher figure in pink?

Damn! Mebius is stuck in customs... I used to ship 2-3 figures at once but this didn't happened... ><

Damn... it's not customs... I have your Mebius for ransom. I'll send it to you if you consider putting my site on your blogroll ;)

In all seriousness... I hate when my figures get stuck in customs. It makes me almost always want to go EMS everytime. BTW sauce for sig?
 
Last edited:
Cooksux, I'm a fan of both Figuarts and UltraAct, but with the recent frustration of getting Rider Figuarts, it may be time for me to quit Rider Figuarts soon. Or at least, I won't buy every one that comes out.

Point taken about the kaiju prices... hmmm, I wonder how long this line can go on... I don't think they can possibly make EVERY kaiju into an UltraAct. By the time they do, I'll be a very old man... heck, I'm already halfway there! lol

Hot water bath on Tiga worked too well, now his waist and chest is easier to pose, but it's a teeny bit loose. :eyebrow:

Btw, anyone else find the arms and legs are bowlegged on most of the UltraAct releases? I wonder if this is a similar problem to the Kabuto SH Figuarts? I think the problem is with the knee and elbow joints being too tight perhaps. I'm not sure how to fix it, hot water trick is only temporary, and it isn't terrible.
 
Cooksux, I'm a fan of both Figuarts and UltraAct, but with the recent frustration of getting Rider Figuarts, it may be time for me to quit Rider Figuarts soon. Or at least, I won't buy every one that comes out.

Point taken about the kaiju prices... hmmm, I wonder how long this line can go on... I don't think they can possibly make EVERY kaiju into an UltraAct. By the time they do, I'll be a very old man... heck, I'm already halfway there! lol

Hot water bath on Tiga worked too well, now his waist and chest is easier to pose, but it's a teeny bit loose. :eyebrow:

Btw, anyone else find the arms and legs are bowlegged on most of the UltraAct releases? I wonder if this is a similar problem to the Kabuto SH Figuarts? I think the problem is with the knee and elbow joints being too tight perhaps. I'm not sure how to fix it, hot water trick is only temporary, and it isn't terrible.

I'm in the same boat as you with the views on the Figuarts of late... but they'll still keep coming out and I can't stand having holes in my collection... especially this far in the game.

Every kaijin into an Ultra-Act figure? That'd be intense... there's at least a hundred in the Ultra Battle Movie! I don't think that the limbs are bowlegged... I just think that they're really imperfect. I wonder what they say when they get the actual product in hand. Do the execs say... "yeah... this is perfect" or "yeah... this'll do..." or "yeah... ****... oh well they'll buy it still"
 
Damn... it's not customs... I have your Mebius for ransom. I'll send it to you if you consider putting my site on your blogroll ;)

In all seriousness... I hate when my figures get stuck in customs. It makes me almost always want to go EMS everytime. BTW sauce for sig?
Well, I always go for EMS since items get faster and most of the time, get past to the customs...

If adding your link will save my items, I already added it. :)
 
Well, I always go for EMS since items get faster and most of the time, get past to the customs...

If adding your link will save my items, I already added it. :)

Ahh, Sometimes the price difference is in the vein of 30-40 bucks if I choose SAL over EMS... and I only lose a few days. The benefits of living in LA is that it doesn't take too long for SAL shipments. I'm the patient type anyway.

BTW Thanks. You still didn't tell me what the source of the sig is. Also: ONOREE GOOGLE!!!
 
Just placed an order for Zero and Mebius! Even though there are some negatives about them, I thought I'd go ahead and give them a shot, especially since they are both at nice prices right now on HLJ. Can't wait to get them!
 
Ultra-Act: Imit-Ultraman from the Tamashii Features event in February is now open for pre-order:

2a6woz6.jpg

For those who did not get one then, it is now a good chance to get it!
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top