Status
Not open for further replies.
Kay now I'm excited if these scans are out. Really hope we get some new pictures soon. When did we get the first Goseiger pictures?

http://www.rangerboard.com/showthread.php?t=127384

December 3rd was the first time we saw the Goseiger's. Before that we were running around in circles

85588032.jpg

December 6th

Toy catalog cover

o0480064010332038698.jpg

GoseiGreat in the back and you can see the changer and card

December 9th

Pictures to illustrate what you just said. ;)

So early December but it's not clock work. Heck everything could be out on December 1st.

So the robot can change forms now? Ok, so we have 34 years of props that need fixing, 34 years of actors to call back, and 34 years of story to work on, god help us if Toei goes bankrupt with this show. :O_O:

I think the form change of the robot won't be a complete Decade-style make over. The toys wouldn't be able to do that so I don't think they are going to make that transformation a main feature of the show. It works for the heroes themselves due to the belts, but I don't see that translating directly to the robot.

It probably will be the base Gokaiger robot with a few pieces meant to be similar looking to the old robots worn as armor around it.

Nice post!!
Plus, unlike Kamen Rider, where each world has a unique feel that stretches past suits, weapons, mecha, you can pretty much do all 34 worlds without putting as much work into the writing (see: Decade) and turn out okay.

I think it's kind of ridiculous to argue that Super Sentai as a franchise lacks shows with a distinct feel. It would completely suck if Goukaiger shot and wrote its Bioman episode in the same style as, say, its Carranger episode. It would be completely inappropriate, offensive to fans, and probably very confusing to kids who are just learning about these older teams.

Even just in the past ten years, could you possibly write a Magiranger homage episode in the same style as a Dekaranger homage? Or a Shinkenger homage in the same style as a Hurricanger homage? That wouldn't even begin to make any sense. That would flat-out nullify the point of even mentioning the older teams.

Super Sentai isn't willing to break its formula completely in certain years the way Kamen Rider is, but a lot of Super Sentai seasons still have very distinct stylistic approaches. You don't necessarily need the original actors or production teams on board to recognize that, but it does need to be recognized.

And yes, getting original actors to return would vastly strengthen the crossover concept. The Black/RX episodes of Decade are by far the most memorable, because they're the only time Tsukasa interacts with a character who is not, for all intents and purposes, just a new guy wearing an old suit.

Now, poorer Super Sentai seasons do tend to feel bland. I don't envy the guy who has to write episodes lionizing the likes of Fiveman. But frankly, I think those shows are the exception that proves the rule. Most Super Sentai shows have some obvious gimmick of concept or style that can be easily homaged even if they can't get any original actors back.

Dull Brilliance
I think the form change of the robot won't be a complete Decade-style make over. The toys wouldn't be able to do that so I don't think they are going to make that transformation a main feature of the show. It works for the heroes themselves due to the belts, but I don't see that translating directly to the robot.

It probably will be the base Gokaiger robot with a few pieces meant to be similar looking to the old robots worn as armor around it.

I wouldn't mind it at all if what we get for the Gattai Series next year are mechas that split apart and turn into armor that resembles classic robos.

Final form ride type attacks for the core Mecha.

If it summons shinkenoh it gets a katana blade attack.

Raxbait: Hip
All I REALLY need for Goukaiger to work is one original actor from each series. That may not be possible for all 34, but at least for more than half. If I can get that, then I'll be happy to sit through the Goukaiger before Toei re-tools (sort of) Sentai again the way they do every 10-11 years. Last time was Gaoranger. Time before that was Zyuranger; post-anniversary series seems like the perfect time to try it again.
This is all I ask of Toei too...

The Rekidai modes are actual new modes, not the robot turning into past robos. I'm not sure how it will work yet, but it being part of the gattai series is likely.

The rumors state Red's mecha is the Pirate Ship. Earlier rumors said the mecha line-up for the rangers was a pirate ship and 4 animals (animals for the limbs). It could be that the Gokaiger mecha are compatible with some of the recent Sentai gattai series.

For instance, I don't see it as too farfetched for "ShinkenOh Mode" to be Red's Pirate Ship combined with Kame, Saru, Ryuu and Kuma OriGami.

The more likely option though, is that we get smaller auxilary mecha which give the Gokaiger Robo small bits of armor. For instance, a new Origami that can turn into a new helmet and sword for the robo, and that's ShinkenOh Mode.

I think it's kind of ridiculous to argue that Super Sentai as a franchise lacks shows with a distinct feel. It would completely suck if Goukaiger shot and wrote its Bioman episode in the same style as, say, its Carranger episode. It would be completely inappropriate, offensive to fans, and probably very confusing to kids who are just learning about these older teams.

Even just in the past ten years, could you possibly write a Magiranger homage episode in the same style as a Dekaranger homage? Or a Shinkenger homage in the same style as a Hurricanger homage? That wouldn't even begin to make any sense. That would flat-out nullify the point of even mentioning the older teams.

Super Sentai isn't willing to break its formula completely in certain years the way Kamen Rider is, but a lot of Super Sentai seasons still have very distinct stylistic approaches. You don't necessarily need the original actors or production teams on board to recognize that, but it does need to be recognized.

And yes, getting original actors to return would vastly strengthen the crossover concept. The Black/RX episodes of Decade are by far the most memorable, because they're the only time Tsukasa interacts with a character who is not, for all intents and purposes, just a new guy wearing an old suit.

Now, poorer Super Sentai seasons do tend to feel bland. I don't envy the guy who has to write episodes lionizing the likes of Fiveman. But frankly, I think those shows are the exception that proves the rule. Most Super Sentai shows have some obvious gimmick of concept or style that can be easily homaged even if they can't get any original actors back.

Yeah, that's, basically what I'm saying. (Or at least meant.) And I think that's a fair deal easier to accomplish than it was for KR.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.