Rewatched Decade again for pure entertainment and here my thoughts...

"Training."
So I decided to watch Decade again purely for entertainment and also because I'm going to watch Double X Decade and to my suprise.....

It was very enjoyable when I rewatched it.

Some stuff worth mentioning:

Sho Aikawa - I loved how Aikawa took the originals and reimagined them especially Kuuga mainly because the writer remembered about the reocurring themes of the original and made them something important in the Alternate take of them. For example: Kuuga's smile, Agito and the place where we belong and Faiz and people's dreams. Although you can tell the quality started to fall when Yonumera and Inoue took over..... (It went all over the place -_-)

But I do like Kabuto's world :laugh:

Riders - Its always great to see old Riders back! Even if its different I still enjoyed it. Hey at least they got lots of secondary riders back with originals right? :thumbs:

Although they could've gotten more than just 3 of the Heisei Riders back (Wataru, Kenzaki and Shoichi) it was still great that they were there. You still have to take in mind that some might now want to come back or they wanted too much.

So, in a summary Decade is very enjoyable when you put everything aside (Plot ect..) and just sit back and enjoy it as entertainment.

My mini review done. (Lol first time doing a review. Be nice :redface2:)

If you enjoyed this I might just share my thoughts on Double X Decade if people requests it in this thread.

Anyway stay safe everyone when I'm gone next week!

(btw Kuuga > lots of stuff)

Just an Internet User Passing Thru
Did you even watch Decade/Double movie physically? If you did, of course I would request your input on that one

you mean ETC

and yes. I loved Decade...the show and the Rider

the story also

I put it as a different thing from other riders

that way, the change of cast and plot in the other rider worlds won't bother me

when you watch the show like that and think of

Decade being the destroyer, and he was supossed to kill the riders, but he made friends with them, because he does not even know who the **** he is, then he goes around helping riders and using them as weapons, witch is badass. then double finishes the enemies. and with fresh stories for different riders.

then the awesome random ending. witch obviously they will finish it up in a movie

at the end

I loved Decade

Riders - Its always great to see old Riders back! Even if its different I still enjoyed it. Hey at least they got lots of secondary riders back with originals right? :thumbs:

Although they could've gotten more than just 3 of the Heisei Riders back (Wataru, Kenzaki and Shoichi) it was still great that they were there. You still have to take in mind that some might now want to come back or they wanted too much.

Why does everyone keep assuming this? Is there any proof, or do people just want to think the best of Toei? If they could have gotten almost all the Hibiki and Den-O casts back, I find it hard to believe they couldn't have tried to bring back casts from other shows as well, or that no one else wanted to come back. Is there any real evidence that Toei tried their darnedest to bring back more people but only struck gold with these two casts?

And what did Wataru, Kenzaki and Shoichi even do that was of much relevance? Just a bunch of throwaway scenes scattered throughout the show and movies. I don't get how that is acceptable to people. Isn't that not a ripoff?

So, in a summary Decade is very enjoyable when you put everything aside (Plot ect..) and just sit back and enjoy it as entertainment.

But if the plot is a mess and the characters are terrible, how does one get entertainment from it? >>

you mean ETC

and yes. I loved Decade...the show and the Rider

the story also

I put it as a different thing from other riders

that way, the change of cast and plot in the other rider worlds won't bother me

when you watch the show like that and think of

Decade being the destroyer, and he was supossed to kill the riders, but he made friends with them, because he does not even know who the **** he is, then he goes around helping riders and using them as weapons, witch is badass. then double finishes the enemies. and with fresh stories for different riders.

then the awesome random ending. witch obviously they will finish it up in a movie

at the end

I loved Decade

Same here, especially the different take on each of the older Rider shows, except Den-O's was the original. But at least they followed up on him being the destroyer and why. As for the Showa Riders & Shinkengers, at least Toei isn't stupid enough to throw away an oppotunity when it falls into their laps. So when the 40th anniversary comes, it won't look so far-fetched when all the Riders team-up together again.

Same here, especially the different take on each of the older Rider shows, except Den-O's was the original. But at least they followed up on him being the destroyer and why. As for the Showa Riders & Shinkengers, at least Toei isn't stupid enough to throw away an oppotunity when it falls into their laps. So when the 40th anniversary comes, it won't look so far-fetched when all the Riders team-up together again.

glad I'm not the only one, you are cool sir,but I kinda hate people who nitpick the show....can't they stop being old bastards and act like normal people, not the kind who gets mad at every single little thing...or makes a big deal out of it

I liked Decade...A LOT

I enjoyed Decade for the most part. I thought that the characters (outside of Kaitou and Narutaki) were well done and enjoyable. The concept was cool, and many of the individual story arcs were really good. I thought there was some good meta-commentary in the Shinkenger and Black RX arcs which I loved. Unfortunately, the overarching plot had a bunch of dangling threads that never got resolved, or only got resolved in the movies. Who the hell is Tsukasa? How did Kaitou get the DienDriver? How the hell does he know about Tsukasa? What does sea cucumber have to do with ANYTHING? Admittedly, resolving major plot points in movies is smart from a financial perspective, and if the box office numbers from Movie War are anything to go by, it's probably something we'll see more often. Also, it's a problem that stings far harder for foreign audiences than Japanese ones, since we have NO way of seeing these films until much later, and since as far as Toei is concerned we shouldn't be seeing any of this at all in the first place, I doubt they'd adjust their production ideas on our behalf.

I do think that the complaints a lot of people have about not having all the old actors return is silly. A good portion of the series was having Tsukasa attempt to help the other 9 Riders find their way in life. By having the old actors come in and still have this plot concept work, they would either have to have these actors play their characters at earlier points in the series, before most of their character development, or come up with a reason for these characters to no longer be fully developed with complete stories already behind them. They managed to do this well with Momotaros, and I thought that the Den-O arc was fairly clever, but it would be obnoxious to try something like that with any of the other characters. Does this excuse Toei's decision? Probably not, but I don't think it needs to be excused.

How come nobody in this thread has listed Minami Kotaro among the returning Riders? He's the highlight of the series, goddammit.

I enjoyed Decade for the most part. I thought that the characters (outside of Kaitou and Narutaki) were well done and enjoyable. The concept was cool, and many of the individual story arcs were really good. I thought there was some good meta-commentary in the Shinkenger and Black RX arcs which I loved. Unfortunately, the overarching plot had a bunch of dangling threads that never got resolved, or only got resolved in the movies. Who the hell is Tsukasa? How did Kaitou get the DienDriver? How the hell does he know about Tsukasa? What does sea cucumber have to do with ANYTHING? Admittedly, resolving major plot points in movies is smart from a financial perspective, and if the box office numbers from Movie War are anything to go by, it's probably something we'll see more often. Also, it's a problem that stings far harder for foreign audiences than Japanese ones, since we have NO way of seeing these films until much later, and since as far as Toei is concerned we shouldn't be seeing any of this at all in the first place, I doubt they'd adjust their production ideas on our behalf.

I do think that the complaints a lot of people have about not having all the old actors return is silly. A good portion of the series was having Tsukasa attempt to help the other 9 Riders find their way in life. By having the old actors come in and still have this plot concept work, they would either have to have these actors play their characters at earlier points in the series, before most of their character development, or come up with a reason for these characters to no longer be fully developed with complete stories already behind them. They managed to do this well with Momotaros, and I thought that the Den-O arc was fairly clever, but it would be obnoxious to try something like that with any of the other characters. Does this excuse Toei's decision? Probably not, but I don't think it needs to be excused.

How come nobody in this thread has listed Minami Kotaro among the returning Riders? He's the highlight of the series, goddammit.

the people who are annoying and nitpick, yes they know who they are

and they know what they nitpick about

you are right, but Narutaki was not a big deal. he only had couple of seconds in every episode....so i can't complain

Diend...he killed Decade...kinda. I have not seen the movie, I don't mind Diend, I though he was awesome. and helped at the end.

I don't mind the different stories on each world. I like how Decade did the opposite of what he was supposed to do...instead of killing the riders, he became friends with them. can't he do something right

so later in the movies you find out that

spoiler [hide] Decade is Shocker's leader or something like that[/hide]

and in the last movie that came out, Decade is a bad guy...for some part of the movie.

the people who wanted the old actors are...stupid on my opinion, I love all Series, I dont' think it would have helped to have all the actors. big deal.