Kamen Rider Dragon Knight - "Kamen Rider Camo" Talk Up!

HELL TO THE YES

This show is seriously picking up.

I don't know why, but when it kept flashing between the scene with Len fighting and then back to the three-way battle scene, I felt like pulling my hair out watching the Japanese footage. I'm starting to think they should've a) used all Japanese footage, or b) filmed it all themselves. The American footage is one pile of serious bad-assery.

Freaking Camo rocks! :buttrock:

I also like how Drew is a complete douche, but his face is so serious. Damn, what an asswipe!

I don't know why, but when it kept flashing between the scene with Len fighting and then back to the three-way battle scene, I felt like pulling my hair out watching the Japanese footage. I'm starting to think they should've a) used all Japanese footage, or b) filmed it all themselves.

Actually, I love seeing the Japanese footage. It's not just because they're using it, it's just the way that it's in that grainy like texture. It puts a new spin on the footage that I just can't get enough of.

DON'T PUSH THAT BUTTON!
I love the character of Kamen Rider Camo. He's like an underground martial artist or something and I like how he says, "I came here to win." after he cheated.

Oh and the scene where Torque tricks Dragon Knight into thinking he can use his weapons was fuckin hilarious.

Camo thinks he's Scorpion. :p "GET OVER HERE!"

Anyway, this episoded ROCKED! :castlerock:

#MissionMiami
agreed, very good episode. This series is turning out to be a pretty good thing over all.

I do wonder why they've introduced 6 riders already though, instead of spacing it out more.

After Episode 10, It starts to get spaced out. Sting doesn't debut until episode 12 and Strike doesn't debut until after episode 14.

Anyways, I fucking love this episode. EPIC to the letter.

-Grant is a badass. The way he cheated was fantastic along with his lines after.

-Drew is such a douche which makes him perfect was Zolda/Torque.

-Aunt Grace needs to die...slowly.

-Maya needs to keep her big mouth shut. I can't wait til she finds out she's been talking to a Kamen Rider who works for Xaviax.

-The Zolda/Ryuki footage was hilarious. It's funnier americanized. Kit really reminds me of Shinji now.

- The Wing Knight/Shark fight was hard to watch cause of the quality and the fact, he got wet and the next shot he's dry...WTF?

- I see some romance between Maya and Len. 5 bucks says she'll be in love with both Kit and Len before KRDK is over.

Next week is looking good, Camo vs. Torque and Wing Knight vs. Thrust.

5/5

Last edited:
So, the very obvious to the point of it being downright Anvilicious metaphor for being in an abusive relationship was intentional, right?

Dammit, Bandai needs to get our toys in NOW!

And we also need the original soundtrack too!

Seriously, if it weren't for the score, I couldn't have taken this show seriously. Everytime they "Henshin", the score starts rolling, and you know.... someone is going to get their ass kicked. :laugh:

After Episode 10, It starts to get spaced out. Sting doesn't debut until episode 12 and Strike doesn't debut until after episode 14.
5/5

You know, I'm starting to like this rapidfire script. Seriously, the first episode was iffy, if not corny because of all the jibber jabber. They quickly moved onto the Rider action, and cut the crap out. It's not like how in Japan they'd keep all of this filler crap so that when they introduce a new character *coughixacoughcough* you'd be like "DAMN LET ME GET HIS BUCKLE AND ACTION FIGURE!!!!".

From an American standpoint: We cut the crap, do non stop action, and then slow it down so that the plot would be focused around the action/Riders, rather than have all of this filler crap about how you can make pretty violins. It's a win for the actors and a win for the audience.

America sure knows how to make a nice friggin' fillet. :thumbs:

Last edited:
Eye See You
Working the night shift, sleeping for 2 hours, waking myself up to watch KRDK at 11:30 brings me back to the days of MMPR-PRWF.

Yet another awesome episode. Loved Camo's fighting and all of the U.S. footage. My jaw dropped when Kamen Rider Strike showed up, he seems to be Xaviaks' top general or something.

I love the fact that this show is serious. No stupid comedy moments no nothing. Just straight up gritty the way I love my Tokusatsu.

Even Thrust showing up was great. Next episode looks awesome.

Dru is such a son of a *****.

Some kind of Beast mode
Best Episode so far, the very BEST! From beginning to end.

- The intro fight with grant was awesome.

-The acting was way better.

-The little comedy bits were tastefully done.

-Camo is my favorite Rider so far.

-Strike and Thrust! :O_O:

In Justice, We Trust!
I do like how if they use Japanese stock footage, it'll only be for like, 5 minutes not like power rangers, where 80% of the episode is Japanese stock footage.

Great episode, overall though. I think we can expect to see more of Len's Kung Fu ass kicking action in the next episode. :castlerock:

Great episode, overall though. I think we can expect to see more of Len's Kung Fu ass kicking action in the next episode. :castlerock:

Like when he was fighting that Shark monster? He was doing it all one handed, and had his other on his deck. Then BAM! Henshin! I was like "OMG KABUTO KABUTO!!". It's like something Tendou would do. :laugh:

But man, no offense to the original, but these "monster baddies" are getting annoying. They serve no purpose in the plot, and the action isn't that spectacular. Plus, they look really cheesy, and remind me of the old days where people would make fun of the enemy because they look funny. :redface2:

I'm sure given the time, thought, and effort, the Wang brothers could develop their own original tokusatsu, and make it badass. That would be awesome. An American Tokusatsu.... done RIGHT.