Im not straight but my boyfriend is
I think we need a thread for this. Because on nights like tonight...I just want to fucking rant. I work at KFC. I have been working there for 3 weeks, because I thought it would be better than working as a telemarketer. I have been wrong before, and I'm sure this won't be the last time.

Today I had a customer freak out on my for getting her order wrong. At KFC, we have two different 'popcorn' chicken meals. We have the "Popcorn chicken combo" and the "Popcorn chicken value meal". I admit, I was wrong when I rang in the second, cheaper meal for you, lady. And I apologized when you came back to me and told me I'd gotten the order wrong, and offered to right it. It's not MY fault that my manager has to come and void the order, then we have to modify it to give you the right food. Don't stand there and yell at me that you're "Getting shakey" cause you need to eat something, and keep saying it over and fucking over, infront of other customers. If you have some sort of health problem in which you need to eat to keep from passing out, a) Why the hell did you come to KFC where there is an almost guarentee wait for you damned food, b) Why didn't you go to a convenience store and grab something straight away, rather than wait in line here? and c) Why wouldn't you carry some sort of nourishment in your purse? Sounds like a fucking good idea to me.

Secondly, don't ***** at me, when after your order has been modified, that YOU have to pay the extra $3 for the added popcorn chicken on your meal. YOU'RE the one who chose it. YOU pay the difference.

And then I had a second customer come in, and ask for the "10 piece Mega Meal" Which is like....$27. I explained to him, as I do to EVERY customer, that right now we are having a deal on a 15 piece picnic deal with the fries and salads for $28, basically you get 5 extra pieces of chicken for $1. So, the guy declines, I ring it in, he pays, and I am GIVING HIM HIS ORDER when he goes, "You know what? I think I'll have that 15 piece picnic deal there...it's cheaper."

****. YOU. Now my manager has to COME BACK OUT and fucking void your order, and you HOLD UP THE FUCKING LINE ASSHOLE.

I hate people. I hate customers. Customers are idiots. I almost regret giving up my telemarketing job on nights like these.

WIIIIIIIIIIII!
I can one up that. Working in retail during the Christmas Season at Toys R Us.

I never did it, but my co-workers told me some stories...*shudder*

has left HJU. Not coming back.
I hate people. I hate customers. Customers are idiots. I almost regret giving up my telemarketing job on nights like these.

I have the same problem with customers. They pissed me off and I'm seriously getting sick of those people.

Recently, a mexican guy almost hit and block me, and asked me what he needs. He was rude. I didn't really understand what did he said. I felt like I want to punch his face.

And I think two years ago, another customer needed help and he walked toward too close to my face. That was rude.

I've been working at Hastings for almost 6 years. Next month will be 6 years.

I can't wait to work at school soon.

I am the law
Between working at Big 5, Toys R Us, & Nintendo...I could tell stories for the next 5 years in this thread!

Lurker
I work at Zellers, a Canadian department store... and there is one day of the month that I hate most. Senior's Day. Every monday is a Senior's Day, meaning that anyone that is a Senior gets 10% off ANYTHING in the store. This means that close to 8:30 (half an hour before the store opens) that there will be seniors lining up outside, ready and waiting for one thing. The Zellers resturaunt early bird special, because they'll save a whole 10%. Another thing about old people, is dealing with them. They talk quiet, complain, and tear open packages. I remember one old lady who wanted to put an entire patio set into her car. Her car was small... the patio set was big. Put 2 and 2 together and you get 22... I mean trouble... *shudder*. There is one senior who also comes to the store, and can barely move. It took my co-worker 22 minutes to carry out a bag. A single bag. Of a box of shreddies, 2 cans of Tomato soup, and 2 or 3 other small items. It took a long time, because he would talk to you... and why can't the cashier's carry out the bag themselves, if its so small? Because they consider him a pervert, because he asks for people to pull his car keys out of his pocket. And about cashiers, on an entire note, they suck. They suck more then any other type of employee in the store. They work slow (most of them) and whenever they need anything, they'll call you. I had one cashier call me, asking if we had the box to a phone in the back, because the customer had purchased one without a box. I do not know what goes in and out of the stockroom at every time of the day, but because I'm labelled as a "stock boy" I must have some magic powers in order to determine where exactly any item at any time of the day is...

Well thats a bit of my rant overall... I'm only part time and I get 30 hours next week *raises arms in sarcastic joy* and I can't wait to see what whacky adventures I get into next week.

kC

I don't even want to begin about my job. Lemme just say this, I work at a Veterinary Hospital so you can only imagine what I see on a daily basis.