I find it abhorrent to use children's TV as propaganda, especially when that propaganda is designed to get them to breed for the sake of the state's agenda.

I/my family come from a conservative South-East Asian country, and I still find anything that encourages people to breed for the state's purposes morally abhorrent.

You clearly have no understanding of such matters if this is what you think. Japan is dying as a nation. Literally. People are not having children. The family is the building block of civilization. To encourage family building is to encourage your society, your nation's own existence. That people have deviated so far from basic instincts and common sense (frankly in my view because of their extreme, conditioned hubris) that such notions are seen as blasphemous is truly saddening. What the heck do you want them to do?

D

Dr Kain

Don't worry Black Fang, sometimes I don't get my thinking either. lol

Anyway, how about a Sentai that starts out with the father as the red ranger and then his son inherits the role of it about 20ish episodes in?

You clearly have no understanding of such matters if this is what you think. Japan is dying as a nation. Literally. People are not having children. The family is the building block of civilization. To encourage family building is to encourage your society, your nation's own existence. That people have deviated so far from basic instincts and common sense (frankly in my view because of their extreme, conditioned hubris) that such notions are seen as blasphemous is truly saddening. What the heck do you want them to do?

Woah, let's not go too "politic" with this discussion.
You're taking it WAY too seriously.
There should be separate thread for that, but I digress.

Some kind of Beast mode
Don't worry Black Fang, sometimes I don't get my thinking either. lol

Anyway, how about a Sentai that starts out with the father as the red ranger and then his son inherits the role of it about 20ish episodes in?

I feel like the magic # would be 5-10. 10 being a bigger payoff, because of the longer wait, and 6-8 episodes later the 6th could come in. I'm down regardless of spawn points.

Never heard of Yokai Watch. How is it like Sentai or Rider?
It isn't. It's a 3DS game released in sumer 2013 that from what I hear is somewhat similar to pokemon (and aimed at the same audience) and an anime adaptation started back in January. In the last year it made more money for Bandai Japan than either Rider or Sentai did, and is now their second most profitable brand after Gundam (a title Rider had held for years). It's very much the fashionable upstart franchise, and I wouldn't be surprsed if the Bandai execs that decide things for Toei's toku shows thought that they needed to get on the bandwagon.
It's not like she needs to be on screen. They only had the four secondary rangers to Zyu return for their voices and not for themselves.
True but that still requires them to show up to the ADR recording. I just meant that she hasn't given any indication what her plans are for after the baby has arrived. It's one of those things that means a Kaku/Hurri/Ninnin crossover isn't quite the done deal that we may hope it is following the dino team-up, much as I'd love to see it happen.
What's the deal with that standard felt and fur that pinks are getting now?
Furry is cute, and being cute is everything in Japan. :sweat:

However the big spanner in the works is that Nao Nagasawa, who is normally the actor championing anything Hurricanger, is currently 5 months pregnant. She might not want to take part if she's got an infant at home.

Wait, didn't she just get married in February? Are you sure you're not confusing her with Ayumi Kinoshita?

D

Dr Kain

I feel like the magic # would be 5-10. 10 being a bigger payoff, because of the longer wait, and 6-8 episodes later the 6th could come in. I'm down regardless of spawn points.

The series doesn't have to have a sixth ranger. Or they can always not have the sixth ranger show up until the early 30s. It's not like they haven't done that before.

How is Japan not popping out kids again? :laugh:

Some kind of Beast mode
That makes it much higher to happen, no offense to Nao. The Dinos consisted mainly the Reds, no? Full squads of each would be lovely, but taking each red ninja would be easier.

Furry is cute, and being cute is everything in Japan. :sweat:

lol nice try, but I'm going to call it cute laziness. Regardless of Pink's bio this year, even if she's like my lovely Mako, they're just going to blend together as the same (as if many of them already don't :/) if they keep up this uninspired jacket thing. You're style is who you are. If 'you' are the person before you...well then you aren't you.

Style can be pretty underrated in TV shows, but that builds character as well.

The series doesn't have to have a sixth ranger. Or they can always not have the sixth ranger show up until the early 30s. It's not like they haven't done that before.

True, not likely, but true.