2015 Sentai: Shuriken Sentai Ninninger - News/Rumours

lazycoconut

I liked him when he wasn't a god
Cue the "We ALWAYS have to have a ninja Sentai after a dinosaur Sentai because TRADITION!!!!!1111" brigade

I'm gonna think of them as "The Ninnies" all year, no matter how much I end up liking them :sweat:

KaenBurakku

like a SPINNING WHEEL
Cue the "We ALWAYS have to have a ninja Sentai after a dinosaur Sentai because TRADITION!!!!!1111" brigade

I'm gonna think of them as "The Ninnies" all year, no matter how much I end up liking them :sweat:
Hurricaneger was before Abaranger, to be fair. :p

.. The Ninnies. Oh man. This is going to be an interesting year.

raden238

No surprise, I knew it was going to be Ninjas. But Ninninger?? What the hell kind of a name is that?? Ninjaranger or Ninjamen would of been better. Too bad Ninjaman was already used.

No surprise, I knew it was going to be Ninjas. But Ninninger?? What the hell kind of a name is that?? Ninjaranger or Ninjamen would of been better. Too bad Ninjaman was already used.
Well, you know. "Nin nin!" and all.

This is... interesting, I guess! I'm surprised we're not going blatantly animals again, but they could still have animal motifs too.

Shiba19

Red Ranger
Ninjaman won't work because A.) That name is already used and B.) Sentai doesn't "Man" In the titles anymore.

Toku Prime

I wouldn't be surprised if there's some kind of wordplay shenanigans going on, like you're meant to read it as 'two ninja' (ni ninja) or something. And then on top of that they've turned the "ja" into a "ger" because PUN! :anime: Hopefully a Japanese speaker will be able to sprinkle some "this is what the character means" wisdom down to us.

It reminds me of Kakurangers' theme tune where part of the vocal just goes "nin-ninja ninja ninja, Kakuranger ninja ninja".

Last edited:

Thunder025

"Nin Nin" is the Japanese onomatopoeia for acting like a ninja. What bugs me about the name is the "Shuriken Sentai", it's just... strange.

But hey, Toei already proved with Kyoryuger that third time is a charm so I'm excited.

lazycoconut

I liked him when he wasn't a god
No surprise, I knew it was going to be Ninjas.
And how exactly did you know? Are you a time-traveller? Do you work for Toei?

But Ninninger?? What the hell kind of a name is that?? Ninjaranger or Ninjamen would of been better. Too bad Ninjaman was already used.
I find it interesting that according to this article by our very own Aoi Kurenai: http://risingsuntokusatsu.com/2012/07/13/whats-in-a-name-history-of-sentai-titles/ Hurricaneger was originally going to be called Ninjaman

HibariHime

I'm cool with ninjas. There's a high possibility of getting a ninja sentai movie with all the other ninja sentai teams, so got that going for us which is nice.

DriftKaiser

DorifutoKaizā
I guess Naruto somehow TNJ'd the Toei into make an another ninja sentai. Hope it's less animal motifs this time!

HibariHime

I guess Naruto somehow TNJ'd the Toei into make an another ninja sentai. Hope it's less animal motifs this time!
They're still going to find somewhere to put it in there. You know Super Sentai has to have their animals since they don't like going too long without putting them in something.

Last edited:

Wing Saber

The only thing that I hope for Ninningers is that they pay attention to it while getting ready for the 40th anniversary in the following year.

Digifiend

The 39th Sentai is Shuriken Sentai Ninninger 手裏剣戦隊ニンニンジャー
Where did that screenshot come from? According to Ryoutarou on Rangerboard, the IPDL won't update for another four hours (9am JST). I wouldn't think such a screenshot would be possible until then.

TaintedSeraph

Toku Prince
Where did that screenshot come from? According to Ryoutarou on Rangerboard, the IPDL won't update for another four hours (9am JST). I wouldn't think such a screenshot would be possible until then.
The screenshot came from a program that lets you search the database. Multiple people on 2ch confirmed the name and someone posted the screenshot. The website won't update until 9AM JST but the database itself updates at midnight. If you have the program you can search the database right when it updates.

Latest posts

Who's on Discord?