min snopp är gul
http://henshinjustice.net/2013/04/12/upcoming-new-kikaider-revival-project/
Apparently, this is happening. From the same source that gave us info about SHTZ, Ian Yorkland, Kyoryuger staff, Candelilla's human form etc. before any of it was even announced. A faint heartbeat is played as Kikaider is shown after the credits roll.
He also said they started planning this around the same time Blade was created. This has been in development for about 10 years.

Uchusen did say there would be a huge surprise after the credits, and this is it.
zaODgHB.png

I liked him when he wasn't a god
My first reaction is since Blade? Funny how it finally comes about at the time Toei is desperately casting about for one of its past properties to become a new hit.

My second reaction is at least it's not neo!Gavan again ...

Mad Skillz
A few years ago, like, I wanna say back in 2007 or 2008, Keith talked to someone who had connections at Toei that mentioned an old Ishinomori hero was on the way back. It's cool to see that it actually happened. Here's to hoping it's a new tokusatsu tv series.

It would probably have lingered in "development hell" much longer if Toei hadn't decided the way to their fortune was trying to resurrect old Ishinomori/Metal Heroes etc. properties. Whether or not we're lucky to get it at last, time will tell ...

My first reaction is since Blade? Funny how it finally comes about at the time Toei is desperately casting about for one of its past properties to become a new hit.

A 10 years production could explain why they went for various Ishinomori franchises, while seemingly ignoring Kikaider, which was easily bigger than any of the other ones that have gotten recent revivals.

In spite of that though, I'll only believe this was a 10 years production if it's a tv show. There's no way one of Toei's cheap movies stays on production for that long, but a tv show could involve things like negotiating toyline prospects and timeslot, which could explain why it'd take so long.

Nice post!!
I'm just trying to think of who the hell could have been working on it around the time Blade was in development who'd still be at Toei now, and in any ways interested in doing a Kikaider revamp. That's a really small pool of names, for just about every key creative position. I wonder if we aren't in for some complete surprises here.

A 10 years production could explain why they went for various Ishinomori franchises, while seemingly ignoring Kikaider, which was easily bigger than any of the other ones that have gotten recent revivals.

In spite of that though, I'll only believe this was a 10 years production if it's a tv show. There's no way one of Toei's cheap movies stays on production for that long, but a tv show could involve things like negotiating toyline prospects and timeslot, which could explain why it'd take so long.

It does seem weird that they'd drag their feet so long over it, yeah. But then given how Hollywood does it with major adaptations that never materialize I can see it happening.

Still, more than ten years, even for a TV show?

Twitter - @MisturYellow
They said last year before the original SHT, that more Ishinomori heroes were on the way.

Who else can they they bring back?