DAIMON PAWNCH
Soo it's time for the talk back.

Anyone else pick up the dvd

Guillotine Gorilla
I just watched this movie with Chinese subs and holy hell this is REALLY GOOD.

I mean its above and beyond the other reboots Toei made, this is genuinely, surprisingly good. It isn't just using the Kikaider name and image to sell a product, it actually feels like they wanted to make a real movie about Kikaider. There is actual passion put into this that cannot be denied. Absolutely nothing like the hollowness of Kamen Rider THE FIRST and Gavan reboot, the former which takes visual cues from the manga has none of the real meat about the failings of human society and the usage of tools for self-interest and domination of others

This movie has all the original pathos of Kikaider in it, the legitimacy of human flaws, the fallacy of machine perfection and the devious nature of human mediocrity. Even has some really nice visuals, and includes a lot of the Kikaider iconography in satisfying ways. Even kinda-sorta has its own take on the combatants, and the way they included DARK is really cheeky and I love it.

Not to mention the action is just senseless and kickass, the last fight in particular is pretty brutal. Jiro's actor is fantastic, managing to convey a lot with very little.

And oh my god, an actually nasty and intimidating female toku villain in this day and age?! That isn't just a giggly cosplayer and/or for fanservice? Why is this such a rarity nowadays?

Why doesn't Toei wake up to make stuff like this more often? Why can't the shows they run have even half the ambition and thoughts as this movie does?
I am absolutely confused by people who dislike this movie, it does not deserve the infamy it seems to be gaining at all.

So yeah, go watch it. You can buy it on generationkikaida.com for a reasonable prize. Do it.

Last edited:
I really like the actor for Jiro/Kikaider and how he portrays the character in a more realistic manner. however, there were too much talking and while the action scenes were top notch, the battle between Kikaider and Hakaider was just too draggy. I'd say the Uchuu Keiji NEXT GENERATION movies had the best quality from Toei this year.

Guillotine Gorilla
I really like the actor for Jiro/Kikaider and how he portrays the character in a more realistic manner. however, there were too much talking and while the action scenes were top notch, the battle between Kikaider and Hakaider was just too draggy.

The talky bits is where all the major character discussions and thematic stuff happens, and are of appropriate length considering the content with the action sequences spread out enough to break even, so I don't see the problem.