My problems with this start from the Ponds getting jacked on a random encounter. The other companions went down basically saving all of space and time and all endured some pretty bizarre endings to play out with the rest of their lives.

The Ponds.. this was just one more weird event, which makes sense if you wanna be all, "anything can happen at anytime," but from a writing standpoint it seems kind of a waste to ditch the characters like this. Jacked by Angels in a random attack to end up just living out normal lives in the past.

I HOPE River explains how she knew for sure that Amy would end up with Rory in the past. But yeah... all Amy and Rory's friends and family..... they lose them and not with any kind of... "WE SAVED THE UNIVERSE" pay off.

And why WAS the Statue of Liberty an Angel? It was a cool visual, but made no sense. Also, there was a line about "Angels taking over statues?"

Eh... I was hoping for Rory to go down in a grizzly and sad way and Amy to survive and out of action. This ending was pretty lame.

Mad Skillz
River didn't seem to know for sure, she was just telling Amy that was her best shot of being with Rory again. (and I guess since she would go on to send Amy that manuscript, she probably had an inkling they would end up together)
Eh... I was hoping for Rory to go down in a grizzly and sad way and Amy to survive and out of action. This ending was pretty lame.
After all those two have been through, that would be such a massive bummer of an ending for them. That and it's a little too dark for Doctor Who and I can't really see it as anything better than the real ending we got as a plot to spur some emotions.

Though I'm still wondering why the Doctor couldn't go back to when Amy and Rory were sent to and just...not land the Tardis in New York.

SLICE
Honestly?

False drama.

The Doctor could EASILY go and visit them, he just can't remove them.

Now, see, if this was the 9th Doctor's Era were even being NEAR a fixed point in time was dangerous to all of creation, we might have an issue here.

But we're not, and we've seen time and again that nothing will happen if you mess with a fixed point. Paradoxes don't mean much anymore, especially small ones.

Yet here we are.

And this was pretty relatively small and local paradox. I guess I'm just really bothered by their end coming not at a world buster event, but a random attack.

And it just so happened that ONE LAST Angel survived? For yeah... false drama's sake?

Eenymeenyminymo
Every once in a while, it seemed to me, the writers made a point that the Doctor can not just bounce about and do as he darned well pleases. Thus when folks say "But now there is no data on him in all the computers! He must have changed history!" I shake my head. He didn't have to change history. He just had to erase data. Frankly, I think we can blame Oswin. And who knows, perhaps rather than the Doctor erasing all that data, Oswin did it when she wiped the Daleks. For they also are time travelers. Now, instead of a "That's the Doctor, and this is the Doctor, and that is the Doctor!" the Dalek records have a "We encountered this annoying humanoid. And there was another different one. And there was another...." They have no reason to connect the events. So, I can postulate that members of UNIT remember the Doctor, but they don't have data in their computers any more.

The Doctor only once tried to mess with a fixed point. The woman involved killed herself in order to undo the damage. Thus he has accepted that there are limits, and he is not going to destroy what cannot be restored in a vain effort to defy them.

My problems with this start from the Ponds getting jacked on a random encounter. The other companions went down basically saving all of space and time and all endured some pretty bizarre endings to play out with the rest of their lives.

The Ponds.. this was just one more weird event, which makes sense if you wanna be all, "anything can happen at anytime," but from a writing standpoint it seems kind of a waste to ditch the characters like this. Jacked by Angels in a random attack to end up just living out normal lives in the past.

I HOPE River explains how she knew for sure that Amy would end up with Rory in the past. But yeah... all Amy and Rory's friends and family..... they lose them and not with any kind of... "WE SAVED THE UNIVERSE" pay off.

And why WAS the Statue of Liberty an Angel? It was a cool visual, but made no sense. Also, there was a line about "Angels taking over statues?"

yeah about the statue I fail to see how people could NOT notice that ... OH as for rory I would have liked to see him go out fighting as well its been too long since we have got anything good out of him... IMO he gets captured & beat up far too much of late & far too easy its like some times they just forget he can be a warrior He had to pick up some fighting skills guarding the cube thing for all those years right ?.. instead they just fall back on the Nope I am asissy doctor bit

I'm glad and thankful for the lack or reminders that Rory is cool and awesome. They did that so much last few years that it was getting in the way of enjoying the doctor.

It's just... I can't say enough how wack it was for them to go out on just another random attack versus any world or universe busting events. They survived the universe dying and complete non-existence... but random monster attack and getting jumped in the opening... well, that's it for them. :p

SLICE
I'm glad and thankful for the lack or reminders that Rory is cool and awesome. They did that so much last few years that it was getting in the way of enjoying the doctor.

It's just... I can't say enough how wack it was for them to go out on just another random attack versus any world or universe busting events. They survived the universe dying and complete non-existence... but random monster attack and getting jumped in the opening... well, that's it for them. :p

Yep! You know, the Doctor really needs a Dalek companion. I'm not sure entirely how they'd pull that off, but you know he wouldn't go down like a punk at least.

Altair
Yep! You know, the Doctor really needs a Dalek companion. I'm not sure entirely how they'd pull that off, but you know he wouldn't go down like a punk at least.
I feel like that would be the moment the show really does jump the shark. Well, only if it's an actual Dalek and not a converted one.
And yet now I'm waiting for it to happen.