n/s
It has already begun after the ceremony. When I look up the site, it turns out that China leads the overall medal standing by 4 (2 gold, 1 silver and 1 bronze), followed by South Korea and Brazil with 2 medals each (1 gold and 1 bronze). Japan has 2 medals but no gold, only silvers. Thoughts? So far, handball, boxing, volleyball and swimming has started.

n/s
Now, China has 6 (4 gold and 2 bronze) while Italy got 5 (2 gold, 2 silver, 1 bronze) and United States got also 5 (1 gold, 2 silver and 2 bronze). What happened to the host country?

Now, China has 6 (4 gold and 2 bronze) while Italy got 5 (2 gold, 2 silver, 1 bronze) and United States got also 5 (1 gold, 2 silver and 2 bronze). What happened to the host country?

I dunno. GB was also smoked in Women's Basketball.

Did anyone see the North Korea soccer match with France? I was impressed. That and Australia vs GB in basketball, Badminton between Korea and US, some fencing ,Volleyball (US vs. Korea ) and kayaking ( That Belarus lady was impressive) really caught my eye this time , though swimming was great as well.

How did I do this? Had two TVs on , wand used my Mac and desktop as two other screens.

Seeing some Judo before the swimming repeat.

now Nerd Emperor
I only watch the opening and closing ceremonies. Loved the Rowan Atkinson/Mr. Bean bit and James Bond's arrival with the Queen. Shame there was no appearance of the Doctor, although I did hear TARDIS sounds during some dancing. Seemed really out of place, as if someone accidentally played the sound by mistake.

Aside from the opening/closing ceremonies, the Olympics don't interest me that much. Good to hear China is doing well though.

Mad Skillz
I'm mostly following the soccer tournament, kinda surprised at Japan's victory over Spain, that was pretty awesome. Also enjoyed watching the woman from Brazil take gold in one of the Judo categories, her personal story is all sorts of inspiring.

I have a couple of shits. I think i'll keep them.

Then why post?

Man, Michael Phelps didn't medal yesterday. Got fourth...

I'm stoked to see all of the events on tv, mainly basketball. Sucks all of the ones I wanna watch are after like 2 AM.

And about the opening ceremony. I thought it was kind of weak. The beginning was good, but the dancing portion, I didn't like it too much. The Beijing opening ceremony was unforgettable for me and tons better.

Some kind of Beast mode
I'm mainly in it for Basketball too, today's game is at 9:00 AM though. Just a tad under my wake up zone. lol

Just an Internet User Passing Thru
I'm mainly in it for Basketball too, today's game is at 9:00 AM though. Just a tad under my wake up zone. lol

That's all I give a damn about as well.........

As far as Phelps is concerned, I never believed he was gonna repeat 2008's magic twice for this year...........so it's no surprise to me that Phelps won nothing this time around