Kamen Rider vs. Sentai Movie "Superhero Taisen" May 2012

It's easier bringing back all the main Riders is since there's currently 28. But Sentai is more difficult since there's more than 200 Rangers. Especially when it comes to suit actors.

Which is why this movie can only be done once, since the final battle involves a lot of suit actors & volunteers. As well as being too expensive. So if they want to make Super Hero Taisen an annual thing, they have to keep things simple. Besides they spent a fortune remaking & restoring a lot of old suits, so they might as well as get their money's worth.

Screw that, it should be like this:

2013: Ultraman x Kamen Rider 2, Sentai x Metal Heroes
2014: Kamen Rider x Metal Heroes, Ultraman x Sentai
2015: Kamen Rider x Sentai 2, Ultraman x Metal Heroes
2016: Ultraman x Kamen Rider x Super Sentai x Metal Heroes

this last one will be (in my aquaman voice) outrageous

Now a series of rider vs sentai movies culminating in an epic finale would have been cooler

Well, they are planning to turn this into an annual feature. That was announced right at the start and it's likely why they kept the 6th Rangers away from this movie and many secondary Riders barely appear, using the extra suit actors for monsters.

They can easily make a sequel next year and boast about a much bigger hero line up, without needing more suit actors or to do something very costly like remaking Metal Hero suits.

Last edited:
Well under 9000
I actually expect them to scale it down a lot next year, just using the current cast of Super Hero Time to team up, which I'd be all for.

I actually expect them to scale it down a lot next year, just using the current cast of Super Hero Time to team up, which I'd be all for.

We'll see, I don't think they'll take that route though. These movies will be always done right in the beginning of the current Sentai show, so it'd hard to feature them prominently. Featuring all the other series together helps getting over that problem.

Last edited:
Well under 9000
Possibly, but they could always shuffle the movie release schedule around a bit as well too. Maybe have the solo movies first, followed by the VS/Movie War flicks, THEN Superhero Taisen?

The yearly team-up movie formula is still pretty fresh, so I don't see anything written in stone just yet.

i gotta say i really liked the movie! went this morning to the premier of it at my local theater. just sucked my coworkers daughter knew what was going on but she couldnt translate for us because shes so young haha. great time though, cant wait to see it again and for a subbed version to come out. only part that i was confused with was the very end of the movie with joe...i didnt understand what was going on.. =\

Edit: Unless I'm misreading a quote on 2ch, it seems like Kuuga and Agito use their form changes here while fighting, but they get no actual dialogue/character.

The yearly team-up movie formula is still pretty fresh, so I don't see anything written in stone just yet.

The Rider/Sentai team up is fresh, but it's exactly due to that they won't move around the established movies in favor of it. And, if it keeps this spot, which it should considering how these movies are meant to replace the Den-O ones, I don't see it ever focusing on just one Rider and one Sentai. They'll feature the current Rider and Sentai, but also the old ones to attempt to get people into these shows (especially the Sentai, which is still starting up by the time the movie is shown). Of course, that's all assuming this will be successful in the first place. If it isn't, there likely won't be a new Rider vs Sentai at all.

Besides, they might be looking at the Pretty Cure crossovers. They've made one movie with every PrettyCure ever for four years in a row, and those movies seem to have no "diminishing returns" due to it. There was a drop between the first and second ones, but they've been pretty stable since then.

Last edited:
just watched the movie with a couple of people, and we are all in agreement that this movie was terrible! there were some saving grace scenes for me but it was not enough to even change my opinion of this movie...

seriously what a big let down

just watched the movie with a couple of people, and we are all in agreement that this movie was terrible! there were some saving grace scenes for me but it was not enough to even change my opinion of this movie...

seriously what a big let down

...this too was Decade's fault?:sly: