Sentai 2012 - Tokumei Sentai Gobusters - Picture and News Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
二番目の翻訳者
Also, I'm getting the impression they might use a different sort of material for them, they seem brighter and kind of "leathery", but it might just be me.

I was thinking that, too. The jackets look really cool when you can see the more leathery texture.

We can get some idea of the character of the Buddyroids through the "example voice clips."

Chida definitely sounds hot-blooded (or hot-headed?) as hell; I kind of imagine him being voiced by Seki Tomokazu or one of his legion of imitators. Gorisaki sounds more composed; I can't quite tell if he's cool-confident or cool-insecure as his second voice clip is a bit blurred. Usada sounds confident and practical. It's worth noting that his/her speech pattern is not girly (uses するよ and not するわよ) and thus may actually be a dude or at least a tomboy. For some reason I imagine him/her sounding like Navi, but I could also imagine a deep-voiced lady seiyuu.

Doesn't look like anything goes in the dial after all, so we're still collectible-free at this point.

Also, man, I just realized how the henshin gimmick works. That's fuckin' cool-looking.

Last edited:
Doesn't look like anything goes in the dial after all, so we're still collectible-free at this point.

Ranger Key's and Gokaiger merchandise pretty much made enough for Bandai of Japan to let one series off the gimmick chain.

Ranger key's are selling like crazy.

二番目の翻訳者
Where are those?

Oh, sorry. They're in the text -- page 2, in the green box.

Chida: オーケー!すぐ行く!ところで道を教えてくれないか? "O-ke-! Sugu iku! Tokoro de michi wo oshiete kurenai ka?" "Awright! I'm on my way! By the way, mind telling me how to get there?"
Gorisaki: ここは俺に任せてくれないか?だめか。。。"Koko wa ore ni makasete kurenai ka? Dame ka..." "I can't just take care of things here? Ah, well..."
Usada: 空から一気に攻撃するよ!"Sora kara ikki ni kougeki suru yo!" "I'll blast them all down from the air!"

And then on the Binocular Blade:

Chida: あいつら。。。あんなところに選んでいたのか。気をつけろ。 "Aitsura... anna tokoro ni erande ita no ka. Ki wo tsukero." "I can't believe it... that's the place they chose? Be careful."
Gorisaki: ごめん。敵に気づかれないように、慎重に。"Gomen. Teki ni kidzukarenai you ni, shinchou ni." "Sorry. Approach with caution, don't let the enemy see you."
Usada: 敵の反応をキャッチしてあげたよ!急行しよ!"Teki no hannou wo kyacchi shite ageta yo! Kyuukou shi yo!" "I've caught the enemy signal! Full speed ahead!"

Last edited:
二番目の翻訳者
Added a romanization and a rough translation. (Others may debate; I sometimes have issues getting the sense of dialogue just from text)

I liked him when he wasn't a god
I almost feel bad for not being able to dredge up any enthusiasm for this show whatsoever. If I wanted to see stuff that was "new" or "fresh" or "different" blah blah, I wouldn't be watching Sentai

We normally get cast announcements during the week between Xmas and New Year, so not long to go now. I wondered if the "morphing" picture was supposed to resemble Red Buster's actual actor (like that early drawing of GokaiSilver with ginger hair before we knew who was playing him) but it looks more like the kid in the photo demonstration

Why is every good TV show Cancelled
Does anyone else see how the Morphin' Brace works? To me, it looks like-

1) Turn dial to "henshin"
2) Glasses pop out
3) Put on glasses & activate them
4) Pump lever on bottom of brace

二番目の翻訳者
I don't think you put the glasses on. They are attached to the brace and holding your hand in the "henshin" pose just results in them lining up with your eyes, more like a visor.

Status
Not open for further replies.