Video game developer Altered Matter has announced they’re finally launching their long-in-development puzzle platformer Etherborn. Originally announced just for PC, the puzzler was then expanded to Playstation 4, Nintendo Switch and XBox One. It’s now available on all of them.
You play a faceless humanoid shape with rootlike, see-through guts, and if that wasn’t peculiar enough, the entire world you journey through is constantly shifting. For you see, Etherborn is a puzzle game where the ENTIRE WORLD is one big puzzle.
Etherborn is a gravity-shifting puzzle-platformer where you play as a voiceless body in search of your meaning as you explore dreamlike, Escheresque levels. Traversal is built around your unique sense of gravity that anchors you to any surface you touch. Moving through the environment becomes the puzzle in itself, where each level acts as a sort of organic Rubik’s Cube that players need to explore, manipulate and shift their gravity on in order to decipher the way forward.
- Mind bending gravity-shifting-puzzle-platforming
- Perspective, exploration and navigation-based challenges using gravity manipulation
- Surreal, atmospheric 3D levels inspired by 20th-21st century artists
- A dark tale about self-discovery and the tragedy of human existence
- Dynamic and captivating soundtrack tailored to each level
Check out Etherborn in the launch trailer below, and look for it on your game-playing device of choice. Etherborn is out now for Playstation 4, Nintendo Switch, XBox One and PC.