Looks like we could be playing Eden Rising: Supremacy sooner than we thought. The upcoming tower defense co-op game from Canadian studios Meridian4 and Nvizzio Creations will be entering Steam Early Access May 17.
In Eden Rising you play as an armored soldier called a Warden, tasked with defending human strongholds called Crucibles from hostile alien creatures. The Crucibles serve as your base, and they’re where you can upgrade your weapons with the materials you find, as well as make your characters more powerful.
“At the start of Early Access, up to 8 players will be able to share their own persistent version of Eden and we can’t wait to hear their stories,” says Brent Ellison, Nvizzio’s lead designer. “We have an extremely ambitious roadmap for Eden Rising and strongly believe that game development should be a collaborative process alongside the players. We are truly looking forward to engaging with the community to make Eden Rising the best and most creative game it can be.”
On launch day the game will consist of a 4 square mile world with four distinct biomes and an estimated 30-plus hours of content. More will be added as Eden Rising nears completion.
- Open world, co-op that blends tower defense action with open world survival.
- Explore a rich, open world full of exotic flora and fauna.
- Survive an alien planet filled with danger around every turn.
- Defend the crucibles in action-packed tower defense gameplay.
- Craft a variety of unique weapons, armor, and traps to defend the Crucibles.
- 8-player co-op (16-player at full launch); create your own server for your friends or join an open one.
- Customize your server difficulty for tribes of any size and control the challenge.
If you’d like to know more, Nvizzio has launched a web video series, The Ascendant’s Vault, that goes deeper into the game, exploring its features and the secrets awaiting within Eden. Eden Rising: Supremacy hits Steam Early Access May 17, at a price of $14.99.