The funky friends at Funktronic Labs have announced that their VR-native first-person real-time strategy game, Cosmic Trip will be available on Steam Early Access today. In Cosmic Trip, you are placed on an alien planet, where you build structures, harvest resources and build your army of cosmobots to defend your base and launch assaults on the enemy. The game also got a new trailer in conjunction with the release, which you can see below.
Ancient alien pylons on the planet form a network of base nodes for you to capture and push back the alien enemy forces in this intergalactic tug-of-war. Eddie Lee, Co-Founder and Programmer at Funktronic Labs, spoke about VR and the game, saying:
“Our goal is to bring a new and exciting experience to the RTS genre. This kind of experience has only recently become possible with the evolution of VR technology and hardware like the HTC Vive. Playing games in VR is a hugely unique and personal experience, so having everyone share us their thoughts and feedback will help guide our development during our time in Early Access.”
The game has a number of features on release, including:
- Native VR room-scale RTS gameplay. Motion-controlled with HTC Vive controllers.
- Strategically deploy your cosmobot forces to combat and to capture territories
- Equip futuristic VR weapons
- Manage and optimize your resource supply-line with harvesting cosmobots
- Build defensive structures and turrets to fortify your bases
- Gnarly tunes and groovy vibes
Funktronic Labs is an award winning funky-fresh independent game development studio that focuses on bringing creative experiences through games and other interactive media. Previous titles include Nova-111, Kyoto, Lotus and Collider. You can find Cosmic Trip over on Steam Early Access here. Currently, the minimum requirements for the game are:
- OS: Windows 7 SP1 or newer
- Processor: Intel i5-4590 equivalent or greater
- Memory: 8 GB RAM
- Graphics: NVIDIA GTX 970 / AMD 290 equivalent or greater
- Storage: 300 MB available space