Renegade Game Studios has announced Atheneum: Mystic Library, a tabletop fantasy game powered by the magic of card drawing.
In this adventure, you and your friends play students of a magical school…who forgot to study for a major test. They slacked off all week, it happens tomorrow and they don’t know a thing! Oh, wait….it’s a MAGICAL school. They can just spell the knowledge into their own brains, right?
Well, it’s against the rules for obvious reasons. So the students will have to be sneaky. The guard in charge of watching the library at night is willing to break the rules if you scratch his back. This library is a mess, it’s his job to tidy it up, and he’d rather not. If you clean it up for him, straighten and organize the book collection (while absorbing the knowledge in those books magically)….you will both come off spelling like a rose. Er, smelling.
- Study for your exam with magical books from the library!
- Organize the shelves while keeping an eye on your fellow students!
- Every action you take will give actions to the students near you!
- Create the most beautiful and organized shelf with books and candles to win the game!
- Designed for 2-5 book enthusiasts ages 10+ to optimize in 30-45 min.
Atheneum: Mystic Library will be made available later this year. You can preorder it on Renegade’s website or any hobby shop, OR possibly pick it up at GenCon, assuming 2020 will have a GenCon. The game is due out in September.