Travel back to a time when coin-ops reigned in Arcade Paradise, the upcoming games-within-a-game from publisher Wired Productions and developer Nosebleed. It’s half management sim and half monolith to quarter muncher glory.
You’ve been put in charge of the King Wash Laundromat, at some vague point in the past when there was a lot of neon stuff. What’s so great about lording over a bunch of washing machines? The laundromat’s arcade section is the best in town, that’s what’s great.
Not only do you get to play the games all day, there’s a purpose to it. Customers will come in starving to beat the high score and get themselves on the leaderboards, and it’s part of your job to keep the high scores high by leaving your own mark. As the machines swallow quarters from arcade junkies in a fruitless effort to beat your score, you’ll be able to use the profits to improve the laundromat…like buying newer and better arcade machines. The circle continues much like the spin of a washer.
- Rags to riches… literally! Take the laundromat business made up of dull chores from washing clothes to throwing out the trash, and turn it into a booming arcade with the coolest games in town raking in all the money!
- Insert Coin: Over 35 arcade games, each fully realized with its own gameplay, stories, missions and high scores to set! Inspired by 3 decades of gaming, from early vector games right up to the 32-bit era.
- Here comes a new challenger: Insert a second coin and play against a friend in a number of co-operative & competitive arcade games up to 4 players locally.
- Set the high scores: Prove yourself across each game, set your initials, make your favourite arcade game more popular and upload to the online leaderboards.
- Soundtrack worthy of the cassette collection: From the individual games to choosing what song to put on the jukebox inspired by some of the great records of the early 90s, the soundtrack captures the heart of a bygone era.
Look for Arcade Paradise soon on PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch, Xbox Series X, Xbox One and PC.