Huey Games is excited to announce today, retro-inspired shoot ‘em up Hyper Sentinel is now available for download on PlayStation 4 in North America, priced $14.99 – with Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and Steam releases to follow on May 11.
Hyper Sentinel is a pure shot of pixel-perfect nostalgia, fusing iconic flip and scroll shooter gameplay with a contemporary systems and mechanics; repackaging the sights, sounds and feel of the arcade to deliver the ultimate neo-retro experience.
Here are some of the features of the game.
- Stunning 4K resolution, 60 frames-per-second.
- 12 explosive levels featuring turrets, fighters, forcefields, space mines and more
- Epic, multi-stage, progressively destructible bosses encounters
- Awesome power ups including the Arc Streamer, Astro Mace and Plasma Rifle
- 60 medals to win in three difficulty settings
- 3 game modes – ‘Arcade’, ‘Survival’, and ‘Boss Run’
- Purchase and download Hyper Sentinel today from the PSN Store.
It’s good to see that some indie game makers are still honoring and respecting the old-school games of yore. And Hyper Sentinel seems like a very fun twist on the genre. With its new yet old graphics and its classic style of gameplay, I think this title will do well, especially when it arrives on the other systems in a few days.
If you want to see the game in action, check out this trailer.