Habitat, the new sci-fi simulation game from developer 4gency and publisher Versus Evil, has launched on Steam, with many of the reviews so far being somewhat mixed. The game has also launched with a vast number of its features already implemented, due to the fact that there were several updates made to the game before its official Steam release. You can view Habitat‘s features below.
Describing the premise of the game, 4gency and Versus Evil have said:
“Earth is doomed and our only hope is getting a survivable habitat up in space using whatever resources are scattered in orbit. You’re left with debris, junk, and other oddities to use for humanity’s survival. Build, upgrade, and control the Habitats that you create as you see fit. The main Campaign will take you through narrative-driven missions while Sandbox mode will give you a blank slate and pure creative control to build and explore at your leisure.
“Leading your team of engineers, you will have to build and fly your space stations in a zero gravity setting. Learn to scavenge and thrive with whatever you find floating around in space, or go on the hunt to take what you need from other factions trying to survive. In the event of a threat, get creative and turn your space stations into deadly weapons using pieces of debris you pick up such as rockets, lasers and particle accelerators, to fight with. Crisis is guaranteed; your only chance of survival is to get creative and to be decisive in the face of disaster.”
Habitat‘s current features include:
- You are in control: build a fleet of Habitats or combine them all into one massive Habitat.
- Explore procedurally generated space around the Earth, the Moon, and Mars
- Experiment with various space debris such as leftover weaponry and unusual space junk, and hunt for rare pieces of debris to help build and expand your Habitat including a militarized T-Rex Head complete with flame thrower!
- Physics based gameplay using weight, thrust, and zero gravity.
- Embark on Campaign missions and lead your engineers and citizens to safety.
- Get creative in Sandbox Mode. Build and experiment at your leisure.
- Hundreds of building blocks for you to create and customize whatever you can think of.
- Help humanity thrive in space, with civilian rescue, engineer combat, and even space zombies!
- Fight with the elements – manage fires, ice storms, electrical and EMP bursts
- Soundtrack by Alexander Brandon (Deus Ex)
Habitat is available on Steam here.