Over the last few days there has been an insane ammount of Skyward Sword details, how about some rumours this time?… This post has been updated, be warned, if the extra rumours are true they are spoilers…
Intro Legend Details
The absolute power referred to in the leaked intro is the Triforce.
The Goddess saved the chosen people by raising Skyloft up to the heavens.
In this desperate act, she left herself vulnerable to attack from the demons, but managed to leave behind her sword and harp for the chosen race, which she used to protect the Triforce.
The leader of the Hylians used the Triforce to seal away the leader of the demons.
Item Upgrade System
Items grow in stages. Each stage not only makes the item stronger, but adds new abilities as well.
Several arrow types: Wing Arrows, which don’t lose height when fired over long distances, as well as Fire, Ice, and Bomb Arrows. There’s also a Hawkeye-like scope attachment.
There’s some kind of “mirror” like ability for the Beetle that can be placed while it’s flying. (These mirrors can reflect light, and likely replace or are used in conjunction with a Mirror Shield.)
There’s also a special torch-like item (I’m thinking “torch” as in flashlight since this is a European tipster) that can project multiple colors of light. It’s rainbow-themed and can be used in conjunction with the mirrors for some cool puzzles.
Okay, that’s all nice, but here’s where it starts getting a bit sketchy… Some of the story details seem about right, while others don’t really line up or are too good to be true. Read on to find out what I mean:
More Story Spoilers
Ghirahim believes using Zelda and her harp will suffice to break the seal, but it turns out he needs the Goddess Sword as well.
He blackmails Link by threatening to kill Zelda if he does not relinquish the sword (which by this point is the Master Sword).
The sword succeeds in freeing the demon king, who immediately turns his anger upon Ghirahim. As he fades away, the three points on his cape point to the sky and form a trident, which the demon king snatches and disappears with.
– some enemies have shields you have to break before you can attach their front
– mechanical totems need to be sliced along glowing seams of energy
– some attack droids open up to shoot lasers, which is when you can slice them in half
– going in with an upward slash on spiders exposes a jewel-like weak spot
– raise your shield with one Nunchuk shake
– shake again to thrust it forward
– this thrust can be used to make enemies vulnerable to attack
– you can do this to Stalfos as well, and then knock their limbs off
– one swing from certain Stafols can take away 3 of Link’s hearts
– potions are selected in real time from a radial menu
– enemies will not stop and wait as you choose items
– Link now has a shield health bar
– some shield types: wooden, iron and Hylian
– return to dungeons to obtain items you couldn’t reach before
– Fi has a very icy demeanour
– she delivers enemy or item analysis with robotic detachment
– Link can use the digging gauntlets to burrow through the topsoil
– when you enter the Silent Realm, the world is bathed in blue and Link glitters as if covered in diamonds
– the land below, Hyrule, is a series of self-contained hubs
– the Forest Temple features cracked stonework, spider webs and invasive tree branches offering impromptu bridges
– you’ll eventually find malfunctioning mine cart tracks powered up with rainbow energy
– hit mystical stones to spread color and make the track usable