2013’s smash hit indie game Rogue Legacy has gone mobile….at least if you have an Apple phone! Cellar Door games has completed the mobile port of their game….the Wanderer Edition!
Rogue Legacy uses a unique approach to the roguelite formula: when you die, that’s it for your character, but a new character appears who inherits the previous character’s items and abilities. However, the entire castle will have changed again, as environments are procedurally generated. The game is pretty much endless.
But that’s not all. The iOS version includes all these improvements:
- A brand-new control scheme made specifically for iOS: 20+ custom tweaks and modifications helped us make this as authentic and natural-feeling as possible on touchscreens.
- 2 new minibosses: Battle against the mighty Pantheon Orias – or clash arrows with Barbas the Archer.
- 3 new traits: Synesthesia will leave colors on your screen as you play; Tactile Agnosia will have you scrambling; and being Left-Handed is just… brutal.
- 3 new armor sets: Super tier armors Glass, Azurite and Behemoth can be found in NG+ and above; each one has huge benefits … but they come at a cost.
- 30 new rooms: The pool of unique rooms now exceeds 400!
- 2 new fairy rooms: The pool of unique rooms now exceeds 402!
- New Relic: Hedgehog’s Blessing has been added to the game.
- New bounce platform mechanics: Now optimized for touchscreens!
- New NG+ scaling mechanics: Increase your maximum level with every NG+.
- Complete difficulty rebalance: Is it easier? Is it harder? Honestly, it’s easier. Remember: You’re playing this game on the go – and under less than ideal situations.
- Cloud saving: Switch between your iPad and iPhone seamlessly. You could go to Mars! Mars has clouds right?
- Play your way: Includes support for English, French, German, Brazilian Portuguese, Spanish, Russian, Polish, and Simplified Chinese.
If you don’t like mashing make-believe mobile buttons, Rogue Legacy is available on plenty of other platforms (just not this particular version). Currently, the Switch version (which is also handily portable) is available for open physical preorder from Limited Run Games, but only for the next few days.