Video games are able to be whatever they want to be, and developers take the opportunities provided to them to make fun titles. Sometimes, that means making a photo-realistic experience in a modern day setting. And sometimes, you go old-school and deliver an arcade-like experience that you and your friends can enjoy together. This is exactly the thought process behind Rival Megagun.
For this title is an arcade shoot’em up, but with one heck of a twist. You see, you’ll be battle through a level full of enemies WHILE battling another player. There are also touches of anime in the title as well, as you’ll get cool split shots of your character piloting your craft during special attacks. Check out the breakdown below as well as the Alpha trailer.
“Rival Megagun is a competitive split-screen vertical shmup (or shoot ’em up, shooting game, STG) where you transform into a gigantic boss ship – your “Mega Gunship” – to invade your opponent’s screen. Build up your chain and unleash devastating attacks.
- Transform into a gigantic boss ship – your “Mega Gunship” – to invade your opponent’s screen
- Build up your chain and unleash devastating attacks
- Multiple heroes to choose from, each with their own set of special weapons and Mega Gunship form
- Intense 2-player local and online versus battles
- A single-player arcade mode”