Last month Darril Arts and Stormind Games announced their PC horror game, Remothered: Tormented Fathers, would arrive on the Nintendo Switch July 26. That date was yesterday, so where is it? If you haven’t already guessed, it’s hit a delay of one month. The new release date is August 30.
Stormmind says, “[We] are committed to providing an immersive and gripping experience for the player. The extra time for the project will help us reach that goal. We want the Nintendo Switch version of Remothered: Tormented Fathers for North America, Europe, and Australia, to be a release that lives up to both the standards of our players and our studio.”
In Remothered you play the role of Rosemary Reed, investigating the disappearance of a young child named Celeste. It’s possible Celeste’s adopted father Richard knows more, but trying to investigate his premises leads her nowhere. Rosemary decides to return at night, when Richard can’t stop her….and immediately steps into a ghostly nightmare that will leave her fighting for her life.
- Many ways to survive – Misguide your stalkers with the endless combinations of game dynamics: stealth, action, strategy, hide & run. Use your skills to block them in another area of the house. Attack your enemy and make your items more powerful by spiking them. Carefully study the behavior of your stalker and his path. Don’t get too close to your enemy, and when they are getting close to you, if possible hide.
- Psychological plot – Characters in the story are everyday people who turn into scary monsters.
- Movie-like cutscenes – Thanks to his impressive direction, Chris Darril created a story rich of complex life-like characters.
- Audio clues – Use the 3D audio sound effects to understand when your stalkers are getting closer.
- No health bars – Your body is the only way to understand how you are doing.
- Realistic puzzles – Environments and characters have been conceived to be realistic and believable.
- Real-time loading – Explore the mansion without worrying about empty moments or boring loading times.
Remothered: Tormented Fathers will become available on the Nintendo eShop August 30.