Relic Space Now Available On Steam Early Access
London-based studio Fourfold Games has released the early access version of their roguelike strategy RPG Relic Space on Steam. It’s the second science fiction roguelike for the team, who previously released Xenomarine in 2019.
The setting is post-apocalyptic, but in space, meaning there’s an entire galaxy in ruins (something REALLY bad must have happened). You’re the commander of the Omega, an elite fleet of space pilots in search of ancient relics from your civilization’s advanced past. Tracking down the relics is crucial to rebuild your society, but there’s a lot that will get in your way. With procedurally generated worlds, every game is different and every corner of the galaxy is unexplored.
- Tactical turn-based space combat: Use your tactical skills on a hex grid with fast-paced ‘one-tile-per-turn’ mechanics – inspired by traditional roguelikes but with a fluid, modern feel.
- Deep simulation: Realistic combat mechanics simulate damage to individual ship components. Each weapon, engine or utility item can catch fire, leak power, and acquire many more status effects. You will also need to manage heat, energy and fuel levels by making smart movement and equipment choices.
- Non-linear exploration: Freely traverse a procedurally generated solar system with handcrafted elements; 4 main factions and 7 minor factions pursue research, trade, construction projects, and other goals.
- Flexible development: Use your growing reputation and influence to acquire more powerful ships and equip them with countless weapon and utility combinations. Acquire new piloting abilities through a flexible skill tree, and research relics to unlock new powers and equipment.
- Immersive setting: Uncover a rich, branching narrative threaded with endless procedurally generated stories in a detailed setting inspired by hard sci-fi.
- Real space: Movement rules based on actual space physics: motion in a straight line is free – but turning, starting or stopping costs energy.
Those who check out Relic Space on Steam Early Access during its first week of release will get 10% off its regular price. On March 16, the game will return to its original retail price of $17.99. It’s out now for PC and Linux.
Loading new replies...
Join the full discussion at the PopGeeks.com - Books, Film, Video Games, Animation Discussion →