The action RPG Punishing: Gray Raven is a hit on mobile devices in Japan and China, and its creator Kuro Game has announced it’s now expanding its reach to everywhere else. Europe, North America, Australia and Southeast Asia will get their own versions of the game starting this summer.
The Earth has been taken over by machines, guided by an all-corrupting virus known as the Punishing. Mankind now lives in refuge on the space station Babylonia, and they’ve been building up strength and resources to lead a charge to take the planet back. You are commander of the Gray Raven unit of that army, and your main goal is to beat back the bots and reclaim the planet through action-combat missions.
Some of your most valuable members will be full-body cyborgs called Constructs, and Kuro Game revealed three of them today: Lucia, Liv & Lee. Get to know them through their own trailers and character descriptions…
Captain of the Gray Raven squad. A young and driven swordmistress, capable of tearing through the Corrupted with a mixture of powerful, rapid single-target attacks, sweeping area-effect slashes and vertical launchers that set enemies up for brutal aerial combos.
Don’t let Liv’s designation as a support unit fool you – she’s nothing less than a steel-sundering force of nature. While physically weak (her systems are devoted to repairing damaged squadmates) her floating levi-guns can rain down untold damage upon her foes.
Eldest and most pragmatic of the initial Gray Raven squad. Lee fights with a pair of rapid-firing energy pistols and an assortment of powerful grenades. Outside of combat, he is a one-man engineering crew, maintaining the squad’s weapons and mechanical bodies alike.
- Experience a dark cyberpunk story of mankind’s endless war to reclaim a ruined Earth.
- Spectacular sci-fi melee action. Dodge, parry & tag between heroes to extend combos.
- Gorgeous 3D graphics with razor sharp dark cyberpunk anime style.
- A chart-topping hit in China and Japan finally playable in English.
- Epic and dramatic boss battles against rogue androids, hulking mechs and beyond.
- Collect and unlock a squad of elite cyborgs, assemble teams and develop their skills.
- Dive into the future and immerse yourself in the powerful electronic soundtrack.
Kuro Game will be holding a closed beta test for Punishing: Gray Raven soon; details on how to become a tester will be revealed soon along with the ability to preorder the game. Punishing: Gray Raven launches this summer on iOS and Android.