Today at GDC, Nintendo gave their press conference and announced more than we bargained for. They went from the usual, positive statistics to announcing many features for the 3DS and showing off new Zelda: Skyward Sword footage. Now, instead of giving you awesome and fun paragraphs to read, I listed each announcement below with details pertaining to each subject, enjoy!
Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
Now for anyone wanting narrative details and how the story of the next chapter of the Zelda series is going to play out, keep your hopes up for E3, because this video is mainly showing off the in-game features, puzzles, and what the Wii controller will be able to do with Link and his weaponry. The video is below and hopefully it will keep you satisfied until the always-anticipating E3.
The new non-glasses 3D handheld-gaming system had a big day today, with many features that will make Nintendo’s new toy even more anticipated than before. First, lets get rid of the biggest surprise of today.
Nintendo is making a Mario game for their next product!
- That’s right everyone, a new Super Mario game is coming out for the 3DS. It will be developed by the same team that brought you the acclaimed Super Mario Galaxy series. That and the logo (which has a Mario raccoon-suit like tail on it [image above]) were the only things released today about Mario’s next adventure. Also, in other news, Madden 12 was announced along with a new Call of Duty game this holiday!
3DS will have Wi-Fi
- Okay, so there’s good news and there’s bad news. The good news is that we’ll be able to download DLC and demos off the 3DS this summer. The bad news is that the wi-fi service is run by AT&T. So unless you’re standing on top of a radio tower, you’re going to have trouble getting those bars up.
Netflix now rules the world
- Okay, if the Xbox 360, Playstation 3, Wii, TV, smart-phone, and your computer wasn’t enough Netflix for you already, well then, good, because Netflix will also be available in high-quality format on the 3DS. The only thing Netflix is missing on now is my bathroom mirror.
- The eStore is a service that will play 3D movie and video game trailers, along with cool 3D screenshots of them all on your 3DS. Most importantly though, it will also include downloadable old-school Game Boy and Game Boy Color games, some with updated 3D effects. The eStore will only available in North America.
3D Video Recording
- Yep, in a future update to the 3DS after launch, you will be able to record videos in 3D. The porn industry stock also just went up.
Expect more detailed information on the news above from Nintendo during the presently on-going event, GDC.