EA Sports has released the first patch for NHL 12 dealing with numerous issues and adding the Winnipeg Jets jerseys.
Here is the full changelog from EA Sports:
• Winnipeg Jets 2011-2012 jerseys, pants and socks
• St. John’s IceCaps jerseys, pants and socks
• Armada jerseys, pants and socks
• Cape Breton Screaming Eagles center ice text was spelt incorrectly
Be a Pro/Be a GM Fixes:
• Fixed a crash when using a created skater from creation zone as your own Be a Pro player and using them on a CHL team. Crash occurs when being drafted.
• Fixed Be a Pro’s performance tracker where some users would be stuck at 100% progression.
• Fixed a Be a GM crash when trying to select a created team when starting the Be a GM at the entry draft.
• Fix for goalie injuries while simming with injuries turned off.
• Game would crash while simming if a penalty was called in the second OT period or beyond.
• Game will crash if the user sims to next shift near the end of game and the sim scored on a pulled goalie
• User will not return to ice and no goals will be scored if the user sims to next shift in the 2nd OT period
• Fixed the crash that occurred in season mode that happened a few days in if the user selected to start the season using Full Roster control
• Disabling of all buttons not used during net battles to fix net battles exploit (LB to break out of net battles)
• Improved the fidelity required to break the glass from a hit
• Rarely when the puck is on the sideboards, the goalie will go into vertical hug post and leave the far side of the net open
• Several physics improvements in regards to collisions with other players/goalies
• Players on the bench were reacting to the puck when the puck doesn’t go over the boards.
• Breaking your stick in Test On Ice will cause the stick to follow your player around
• Wingers are not picking up on faceoff tie-ups
• Improved interference penalty logic
• Fixed hip check exploit, will need a tuner update to re-enable for online play (tuner to come soon)
• The arenas tab is blank in the HUT collection
• Separated each position’s Position, Teamplay and Stat grades in the Online Performance tracker (Some users were saying that they couldn’t increase their grade. Now you can view your grade for each position and see that you may have A’s in one position but have C’s in another that are weighing your overall grade down)
• User’s Pro level was incorrect in the EASHL dressing room. It was always showing the goalie level and not the correct skater level.
• Entering an OTP/EASHL game locked as LW and RW would cause the RW to take the faceoff if the LW took a penalty.
• Force CPU players to serve the 5 min major for goalie fights
• Reduced the number of online pauses so that 4 or more users on a team now have 2 pauses and anything less than 4 has 1 pause.
• Fixed the missing player head/art issue for users who had the option to not allow content sharing for EASHL games. Playing with this on caused a crash when helmets were popped off, so we will be re-enabling helmet pops in EASHL/OTP in a tuner (tuner to come soon)
• Added logic on the server to detect whether your online BAP card progression matches what the server shows. If you downloaded a legend card from some website and used a tool to overwrite your save file, we will check what level on the server you should be at, and adjust XP accordingly.
With all the fixes, it would seem that things are still not all well with the game as newgamenetwork.com is reporting there are many user complaints still coming in about offline console freezing, double sound glitches, and even the wrong colour scheme for the Jets jerseys. It will be interesting to see if EA Sports takes these things into consideration with another patch down the line.