Next month (or this month, depending on which hour you’re reading this in), developer Dream Harvest will release a public demo for its upcoming narrative adventure NeuroNet. But thanks to the new trailer released today, you can see the first few moments of the game right now. This, we’re told, is the opening cinematic of NeuroNet. What do you think?
The futuristic city of Catena is controlled by an advanced AI, which looks at its citizens from a street-view angle and takes their requests and demands directly from their faces. Playing as the AI, you’ll be forced to see the consequences of bad ideas directly, which adds more pressure not to mess up. As you manage your citizen’s lives, balance resources and allocate funding for improvements or defenses, you’ll get to know them on an individual level, making the moral decisions you must make that much more weighty.
- Branching Narrative: A ‘Reigns’ inspired branching narrative where player choice directly impacts the story, with some outcomes benefiting the citizens of Catena and others benefitting someone else…
- Quick Decisions: Characters pose problems that offer quick-fire decisions, but they are deceptively simple and have far-reaching repercussions. Good instincts are required to make the right choice at the right time.
- Choices That Matter: See the impact of every choice you make as your influence spreads across the city. Analyse reports and read the social media feeds of the population to observe the effects. Throughout the overarching story, your decisions will change the path and decide the outcome.
- Diverse Cast: Meet and build relationships with 23 diverse and fully voiced characters. Guide each one on their journey as they face the tough challenges life in Catena presents.
- Compelling Events: Over 5000 story events to experience, each offering choices that affect the characters you meet.
- Rich Lore: Explore the world of Catena through an expansive digital Codex packed with deep lore, engaging characters, and stunning cyberpunk environments.
NeuroNet is planned for a 2022 release on PC. The demo will be available during the Steam NextFest from October 1 through 7.