A new special event has arrived in Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, one titled “Nuclear Disarmament”. It is a special event where players will be tasked with getting rid of nuclear arms scattered around key locations.
However, this isn’t a simple “go and do it” event, you must have completed key tasked in order to unlock it. Thankfully, Konami posted on the Metal Gear website exactly how to unlock this secret event:
“There is another important secret in Metal Gear Solid V: a hidden event that can only be unlocked when very specific conditions are fulfilled.
1. You must have completed Mission 31.
2. You must not own or be currently developing a nuclear weapon. If you have any nukes in stock, you must dismantle them.
3. Certain conditions related to nuclear proliferation must be met on the regional server for your corresponding gaming platform (PlayStation®4, PlayStation®3, Xbox One, Xbox 360®, PC(Steam®)).
4. All nuclear weapons on the regional server corresponding to your console or platform must have been dismantled. In other words, the amount of nukes on your platform’s server must be equal to 0. *
* If all four conditions are met, you will automatically trigger the secret nuclear disarmament event when you return to Mother Base or after you complete a main mission. Should new nukes be developed after conditions 3 and 4 have been fulfilled, this event can be repeated by fulfilling all four conditions again.”
You can go do this event now after all qualifications have been met.