Marvel Heroes, the MMO of the legendary comic brand, developed by Gazillion, has announced the first updates for Marvel Heroes in 2016. This will include new characters, team-ups, visual updates, and much, much more. Check out the full updates below:
- “Secret Invasion” Story Chapter: Battle shape-shifting Skrull invaders, including the Super-Skrull and alien versions of Super Heroes, in this adaptation of 2008’s Secret Invasion comic book event. Who do you trust? (A Fortune Card themed to the new chapter is also available.)
- Controller Support: For the first time ever play with the likes of Xbox One and Xbox 360 controllers, the Steam Controller, Logitech controllers and more.
- Visual Updates: Starting with Captain America, Black Widow and Jean Grey, characters introduced with the initial launch of Marvel Heroes will be brought up to the more realistic visual standards of newer characters. Visual Updates for older character models will continue moving forward.
- Leaderboards: The most dedicated players will be recognized, as new Leaderboards begin to be continually added. Tournaments and Seasons will grow out of this eventually, as well.
- Revamped Deadpool: The Merc with a Mouth has been part of the Marvel Heroes lineup since the beginning – with new animations, effects and nine new moves added to his power set, now he’s even better! (A new Zen Deadpool costume is also available.)
- Playable Black Cat: Voiced by Jennifer Hale, just as she was in the 1990s Spider-Man animated series, Felicia Hardy crosses our path as the game’s 55th playable character.
- Agent Venom Team-Up: Once Peter’s Parker high school bully, war hero Lt. Flash Thompson now heroically wears the Venom symbiote, ready to serve beside you.
- Steam Achievements: More than 50 achievements for those who play via Steam.
- Mac Out of Beta: Just like it sounds.
“When we moved from Marvel Heroes to Marvel Heroes 2015, it was to showcase just how much the game had improved since its launch – but it’s had another year and a half of improvements since then, and with today’s launch of Marvel Heroes 2016, the newest additions make it even better,” said Gazillion Studio Director Jeff Lind. “What we’re launching today is just the beginning of what will be the biggest year yet for the game. Our awesome community expects regular updates, and they’ll continue to get those – but it’s the big content drops like today’s first wave of the Marvel Heroes 2016 initiative where the game will really shine. You’ll see these throughout the year, and the best announcements are yet to come.”