Flying Beast Labs, a game developer out of Madrid, is hard at work on their puzzler Magic Twins. It’s an arcade co-op for one to two players where the titular characters, Abra and Cadabra, must use their color powers to defeat waves of hued enemies. The strategy is basic (one color will defeat another) but challenging to master.
And it’s the foundation for a great variety of gameplay: you’ll have different objectives in every level, you’ll have large bosses to take down, and special events will mix things up further. Flying Beast cites Puzzle Bobble, Plants vs. Zombies and Overcooked as inspirations behind Magic Twins.
- COLORMAGEDDON. The end of the world arrives full of colors!
- COOPERATIVE. Coordinate with your friends and test your reflexes and the power of friendship to combine your chromagic powers.
- TONS OF CONTENT. Discover new areas of the Mallorca island as you eliminate the threat in the initial areas and unlock new game modes, secrets and secondary objectives.
- SIMPLE CONTROLS, UNIQUE CHALLENGES. Controlling the Magic Twins is simple, but each level has different objectives and turns in the mechanics.
- KAWAII. Unlock new theme skins for the sisters.
Magic Twins is being developed for Playstation 4, Nintendo Switch, XBox One and the PC, but Flying Beast Labs also plans to get the game onto future consoles (like possibly the PS5) and video game streaming services. Bottom line is, no matter what you own, you’ll be able to play it.